J. Alan Henning
United States
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm reupping this poll as I work on the PNP files for a few designs that will need playtesting. Thanks!

Poll
What's the most cards that you've ever printed out as part of one Print-and-Play game?
1-9 cards
10-18 cards
19-27 cards
28-36 cards
37-45 cards
46-54 cards
55-63 cards
64-72 cards
73-81 cards
82-90 cards
91-99 cards
100-108 cards
109-117 cards
118-126 cards
127-135 cards
136-144 cards
145-153 cards
154-162 cards
163-171 cards
172-180 cards
181-189 cards
190-198 cards
199-207 cards
208-216 cards
217+ cards
      54 answers
Poll created by Jeffrey Henning

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomello Visello
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If the real underlying reason is that you are looking for guidance then understand it is more about sheet count than card count. Ink consumption is also a key factor.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomello Visello
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Other research exists ... if you're willing to do the research.

How many cards would you be willing to print out for a PnP game? [POLL]
How many cards are you willing to make for a game?
How many is too many for PnP Cards?
How many cards would you be willing to print for a PnP?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. Alan Henning
United States
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
TVis wrote:
Other research exists ... if you're willing to do the research.

Thanks, but I had looked at three of those.

TVis wrote:

Nearly half the responses are "As many as the game required", and it ends at 72.

TVis wrote:

People could pick multiple answers. Doesn't have as many choices. Framed as a hypothetical, rather than asking about past behavior.

TVis wrote:

Missed this one, but I was looking for a poll rather than something anecdotal.

TVis wrote:

This poll is from that thread! ;-) Recording an answer here actually updates the results shown in that thread. I thought inviting those interested in playtesting might bring in an additional perspective.

Have a great day!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin I
United States
Plainfield
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Honestly I’m really curious about this... I expect to be looking for playtesters very soon for my game, but I have what I definitely feel is a relatively enormous number of cards that would need to be printed (current count is 307...). Really wondering how easily I’d be able to get people to print so much! My files are all 9 cards per page (8.5”x11”), so about 35 pages if you don’t print card backs (obviously would be another 35 pages). Also needed would be up to 4 more 8.5”x11” pages for play mats (depending on player count, 2-4). The backs and play mats are black and white but the card fronts are all in color. Not detailed art, but colorized. Could conceivably be played with all black and white printing, though, I think.

Would I be asking too much of PnP play testers with this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Haakon Gaarder
Norway
Oslo
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just released a PNP with around 150 cards. Made the PNP myself as well of course. Didn´t take that long to make. 2 evenings. I hope my potential players will not be turned off by the amount of cards to make.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. Alan Henning
United States
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
justaneye wrote:
Would I be asking too much of PnP play testers with this?

Of many, yes. It's not just the paper and toner, but the time to cut and prepare the cards. Can you prepare a subset? For my PNP Civscape (104 cards), I created a subset using half a deck, for instance, for early playtesters.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.