Subject: The 100 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jamie
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The 100

Warning: The rules contain minor spoilers if you have not seen the TV show (which if you haven’t I would absolutely recommend). The game will contain spoilers.

On the 10th of May 2052, the earth was destroyed by a nuclear apocalypse. It is now 2149. Some people survived by living in space, some survived in an underground bunker, and some adapted to survive the radiation on earth. They come from different backgrounds, but now they must share the earth… or not.

This will be a hidden roles game for 17 players based on the TV Series, The 100. It is not necessary to have any knowledge of the TV show in order to play. All roles will be special. There will be no conversion. The teams will be as follows:

Team 1 - Ice Nation / Azgeda (evil)
Victory Condition: parity with non Azgeda.
Guaranteed to be on team:
Queen Nia (max evil).

Team 2 - Trikru and Skaikru (good)
Victory Condition: eliminate all max evil members of Azgeda.
Guaranteed to be on team:
Clarke Griffin (Skaikru)
Lexa (Trikru and the Commander/Heda of the Coalition)

Team 3 - Mt. Weather (evil)
Victory Condition: known only to them.

There may be neutrals.

This game will be full reveal. Night posting will be allowed.

Dusk: 3pm BGG
Dawn: 4pm BGG

Mods Rules:
1. Balance is carefully attempted but not guaranteed.
2. This is supposed to be fun, so be nice to each other. Anyone who acts against this will be given a warning, and if it continues they will be modkilled.
3. Posting during stated ‘no posting’ times is not allowed. Anyone suspected of deliberately posting content during these times will be modkilled.
4. Deleting of posts is not allowed. Editing of posts is not allowed, except for fixing typos and grammatical errors in posts that do not contain votes, which should be indicated. This may also result in a modkill depending on the offence.
5. Powers that trigger on death (such as a brutal) will not take effect if modkilled.
6. Activity requirement: It is required that each player either place a vote each day, or state intention to not vote. It is also required that each player post to thread sometime between dawn and three hours before dusk each day. If either of these requirements is not met, the player will be put up for replacement.
7. You may not quote your mod chat in any non-alignment-confirmed chats, and you may not quote any chats in the thread.
8. There will be hidden information, but there are not intended to be any tricks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cassandra Project
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Player List According to Cassandra:
acox89
AlwaysIdle
ljtrigirl
TFang
theknightofcups
whirlingdervish

6 players are signed up.

To sign up for this game go to
http://cassandrawerewolf.com/game/1947064

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
LJ
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
With Trigirl being this lock consensus good read for so many people, I find it really bizarre that she's alive. Just don't lock clear her for tone. There's a threshold where if she's still alive she should probably just be murdalated.
badge
Born to be a king, I ask one thing in return: a front seat to watch Earth burn.
mbmbmbmbmb
Dibs one of the Blakes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
LJ
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
With Trigirl being this lock consensus good read for so many people, I find it really bizarre that she's alive. Just don't lock clear her for tone. There's a threshold where if she's still alive she should probably just be murdalated.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Spoilers:

Spoiler (click to reveal)
Clarke and Bellamy forever (once Lexa dies, but if she's still alive,
Clarke and Lexa forever).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ljtrigirl wrote:
Dibs one of the Blakes.

No promises, but you can roleplay as whoever you like.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walker
United States
Birmingham
Alabama
flag msg tools
"The significance of a person's life is determined by the story they believe themselves to be in." - Wendell Berry "If nothing lies beyond the pale of death, then nothing of value lies before it." - SMBC
badge
Thy mercy, my God, is the theme of my song, the joy of my heart and the boast of my tongue. Thy free grace alone, from the first to the last, has won my affection and bound my soul fast.
mbmbmbmbmb
This game appears to have 83 too few players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tokah
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
I talk about myself as he in the third person. This isn't a typo. =)
badge
My pronoun preferences are fairly easy going, though, and as long as you don't correct OTHER people's pronoun usage, you can call me whatever you want.
mbmbmbmbmb
Does someone want to sell me on this show? I watched the first ?6ish? episodes, and I enjoyed the part in space a lot, but then the kids didn't talk like people who'd not grown up on a planet at all and it drove me crazy.

Spoiler tag if necessary, I'll click them!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Not 'Sam'
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is it worth watching past the 10th episode?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
LJ
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TFang wrote:
Does someone want to sell me on this show? I watched the first ?6ish? episodes, and I enjoyed the part in space a lot, but then the kids didn't talk like people who'd not grown up on a planet at all and it drove me crazy.

It took me until the 12th or 13th to get into it. I tried and failed once before, but Lemon's stellar recomendation sold me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ljtrigirl wrote:
TFang wrote:

It took me until the 12th or 13th to get into it. I tried and failed once before, but Lemon's stellar recomendation sold me.

I quite liked the beginning the first time. I was just less keen on Season 3. But Christopher and I recently watched it (him for the first time), and I do agree, I found the early episodes in Season 1 a bit hard going. The later seasons were fantastic!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caitlin
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
Who took the Bomp from the Bompalompalomp? Who took the Ram from the Ramalamading dong?
mbmbmbmbmb
TFang wrote:

I don't know your tastes well enough to cater to those specifically, but:

The first few episodes are pretty rough, it felt like it was trying to find it's ground, and it came off a lot more like CW teen drama in a sci-fi version of Lord of the Flies. It does get better. I'm not sure the point you make about "kids didn't talk like people who'd not grown up on a planet at all" gets solved, but I wonder if the plot picking up makes it not an issue. I think it's one of those things that I suspended disbelief on pretty early.

For the first couple seasons, it significantly increases in quality every half season, and turns into some great post apocalyptic sci-fi. The show isn't afraid to make bold choices.

Season 3 was bumpy (it had some very cool moments, but I felt like we had to sit through a lot of boring setup), Season 4 was great and revived a lot of my love for the show. I'm excited about Season 5.

I think a lot of the world building in it is neat. It's got a lot of gay/bi characters as well, which is great to see. One of my favorite ships is from The 100.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caitlin
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
Who took the Bomp from the Bompalompalomp? Who took the Ram from the Ramalamading dong?
mbmbmbmbmb
SamoolSamosa wrote:

It probably depends on what you're feeling meh about.

I suggest at least finishing Season 1. (You're only a few episodes away from the end.) And let the finale determine whether you're interested in more.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tokah
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
My pronoun preferences are fairly easy going, though, and as long as you don't correct OTHER people's pronoun usage, you can call me whatever you want.
mbmbmbmbmb
nolemonplease wrote:
TFang wrote:

I don't know your tastes well enough to cater to those specifically, but:

The first few episodes are pretty rough, it felt like it was trying to find it's ground, and it came off a lot more like CW teen drama in a sci-fi version of Lord of the Flies. It does get better. I'm not sure the point you make about "kids didn't talk like people who'd not grown up on a planet at all" gets solved, but I wonder if the plot picking up makes it not an issue. I think it's one of those things that I suspended disbelief on pretty early.

For the first couple seasons, it significantly increases in quality every half season, and turns into some great post apocalyptic sci-fi. The show isn't afraid to make bold choices.

Season 3 was bumpy (it had some very cool moments, but I felt like we had to sit through a lot of boring setup), Season 4 was great and revived a lot of my love for the show. I'm excited about Season 5.

I think a lot of the world building in it is neat. It's got a lot of gay/bi characters as well, which is great to see. One of my favorite ships is from The 100.

Yeah, that helps. Eventually they'd just be terrestrial for a while, so the thing that bugs me will bug me less.

It was bad enough in the first few episodes I couldn't decide if they were just REALLY not from space or the script writer had fallen down on the job. =)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
LJ
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, I just checked. Season 2, Episode 8 is what really sold me on the show. The last episode or two of season 1 kept me intrigued enough, and I liked some of the premise of the Season 2 first couple of episodes, but that was the episode that really just sold me on the show. I think it was a little too teen drama space apocalypse until the start of the second season, but it sets up a lot of the foundation for the rest of the series that is genuinely necessary, both with the families back in space and the kids on the ground.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tokah
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, I'll give it a go one of these sick nights! =)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Not 'Sam'
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
nolemonplease wrote:
SamoolSamosa wrote:

It probably depends on what you're feeling meh about.

I suggest at least finishing Season 1. (You're only a few episodes away from the end.) And let the finale determine whether you're interested in more.

Oke doke will add that to the never ending list of tv shows I want/need to watch
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caitlin
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Alright. I think I'm feeling good enough to handle a multi team game at the moment.

And Season 5 starts a week before this so I expect to be pretty amped about The 100 around this time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This isn't looking at all close to filling, so I'm going to take it off the calendar. Might revisit at some point in the future.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tokah
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dejojam1 wrote:
This isn't looking at all close to filling, so I'm going to take it off the calendar. Might revisit at some point in the future.

Sorry, Dejo!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
LJ
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.