Al
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
Just kidding!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For the Scoring card that states you need to have an equal amount of buildings on the island as your opponents, does having 0 buildings count? It's card number 24 to be exact.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Funk
United States
Springfield
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
With all scoring cards like that, you must have at least one building.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Al
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
Just kidding!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
FunkyBlue wrote:

It doesn't say that anywhere in the rulebook, though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ponsonby Britt, OBE
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
The spirit of the card is to count buildings on an island and see if the number equals an opponents'. You cannot count what do not exist.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Funk
United States
Springfield
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dopeski wrote:
FunkyBlue wrote:

It doesn't say that anywhere in the rulebook, though.

I reviewed the rules because I was sure it was noted that you could not collect character bonuses on those cards with 0 buildings, but I didn't see it either.

So, you could call it technically possible, but at the end of the game, I cannot imagine an island having no buildings at all on it. By the time you drain two piles, The chance this will happen will be slim to none to begin with. The islands normally fill up and get pretty cramped. You would almost have to have every other player agreeing to not build on an island so you could get a huge chunk of points. I don't see that happening.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Al
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
Just kidding!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, it happened to me and I won by 2 points. That's why I'm asking.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ponsonby Britt, OBE
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
There is not finding rules, and there is making up rules. The card says it scores buildings. Zero buildings is no buildings. Evenly distributed or otherwise.

Look at it this way, the rules for this card specify that, "Palaces and Special Buildings do not count, because they have no Markers on them." You have no markers on non-existent buildings either.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Al
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
Just kidding!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ponsonbybritt wrote:
There is not finding rules, and there is making up rules. The card says it scores buildings. Zero buildings is no buildings. Evenly distributed or otherwise.

Look at it this way, the rules for this card specify that, "Palaces and Special Buildings do not count, because they have no Markers on them." You have no markers on non-existent buildings either.

I like that interpretation. Thanks for the input.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.