Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Aaron Chasteen
United States
Yorktown
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The expansion says you can only move assistants when the current event allows. Is that correct? When you buy an assistant, you would have to wait for the right event phase to be able place him at a building.

What if you want to put your main worker at a building where your assistant is? Can you simply remove the assistant to put your main worker there? Or does the assistant block your main worker? You would have to wait until the current event allows it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich P
United Kingdom
Sheffield
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
I didn't know what to do with my UberBadge, so I left it as a GeekBadge.
badge
Planning...
mbmbmbmbmb
achasteen wrote:
The expansion says you can only move assistants when the current event allows. Is that correct? When you buy an assistant, you would have to wait for the right event phase to be able place him at a building.

When you buy the assistant you can assign him/her to a building. The assistant is then stuck working at that building until you're told you can move them.

Quote:
What if you want to put your main worker at a building where your assistant is? Can you simply remove the assistant to put your main worker there? Or does the assistant block your main worker? You would have to wait until the current event allows it.

The assistant blocks your main worker unless the event shows up allowing you to move your assistants.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Chasteen
United States
Yorktown
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
woodnoggin wrote:
The assistant blocks your main worker unless the event shows up allowing you to move your assistants.

This seems like a very clunky game design choice. Does anyone know the reasoning behind this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Hendee
United States
Frisco
Texas
flag msg tools
I do not think it means what you think it means.
badge
Whenever you become anxious or stressed, outer purpose has taken over, and you have lost sight of your inner purpose. Your state of consciousness is primary. All else is secondary.
mbmbmbmb
achasteen wrote:
woodnoggin wrote:

This seems like a very clunky game design choice. Does anyone know the reasoning behind this?

I don't know the reason but it is simple. Assistants stay put unless an event shows up that lets you move them. It is a (strategic?) choice you have to make:
- Hope to produce 1 and the use the production chain, possibly every round, or
- Keep open the option of producing two or producing sloppily then using the production chain - but only on rounds when you don't assign your worker to another building.

To me it is just part of the game. You could play a variant if you prefer - use the non-expansion rule that lets you pay 2 to move the assistant when assigning your worker.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Pfister
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The reason behind this is to cut playing time and make the game easier.
It also outs you in a dilemma: You (as the strong worker) want to be in charge of the important production sites (high activation probability and good output) but you also want your assistant produce as much as possible. I like to put him to the char burner in order to trigger the production chain.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.