Gloomhaven» Forums » Rules

Subject: Is there a limit to how much you can donate? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joel Merfeld
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
I don't have my rulebook handy but don't recall there being a limit in place. I know there are only so many blessings to hand out but can you donate, say, 30 gold when a character is about to retire so the told isn't wasted?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Kanehen
United States
Bothell
WA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Each character is limited to 10 gold per visit to Gloomhaven.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin S.
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes,each character is only allowed to donate 10 gold per trip to Gloomhaven.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron Deweerd
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You may only donate 10 gold per player per scenario.
Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I think you can technically donate a final 10 gold just as you retire though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Johnson
United States
Cedar Falls
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
each character can only donate 10 gold once per visit to Gloomhaven. and there is only one "visit" to Gloomhaven between each scenario done in campaign mode.
So a retiring character could only donate once for 10 gold after completing their last scenario (if that scenario was done in campaign mode. if it was done in casual mode and they had donated prior to the scenario, then they couldn't donate at all)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hugues
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
In the same topic, can we donate before playing scenario 1? i.e. from start?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Roe
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There's no reason you couldn't donate before the first scenario. You're in the town of Gloomhaven, which is why you can spend money on items, so why not on a donation?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Johnson
United States
Cedar Falls
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
hugolin wrote:
In the same topic, can we donate before playing scenario 1? i.e. from start?

Yes, prior to the first scenario, each player can donate once to the sanctuary and the party can do a city event. Then the party must do a road event on the way to the Black Barrow.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Nakamura
United States
Columbus
Mississippi
flag msg tools
http://www.destructoid.com/author.phtml?a=1364
badge
Darren@destructoid.com
mbmbmbmbmb
You can, however, each of the starting six classes has recommended starting items, and if you were to buy all of the recommended starting items, you wouldn't have any more money to spend on donation.

Typically, the strategy recommendation is to spend your money on getting all the gear you want in each of your slots (head, torso, two hands, legs, small item) before you really start worrying about donating. I wouldn't personally donate before heading off to Scenario 1.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Morales
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dexter345 wrote:
You can, however, each of the starting six classes has recommended starting items, and if you were to buy all of the recommended starting items, you wouldn't have any more money to spend on donation.

Typically, the strategy recommendation is to spend your money on getting all the gear you want in each of your slots (head, torso, two hands, legs, small item) before you really start worrying about donating. I wouldn't personally donate before heading off to Scenario 1.

I feel the opposite. Knowing what I know now I wish I had donated between every scenario right from the start. equipment can wait with the exception of certain pieces like invisibility cloak or stamina potions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.