Betrayal at House on the Hill» Forums » Rules

Subject: Haunt 48 Questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
J H
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
We were just playing a 6 player game, and ended up with Haunt 48 "Stacked like Cordwood" and had a few questions from the heroes side

Under how to find cursed weapon rules it says "You know there's a cursed weapon in the house: the Axe, the Spear, the Blood Dagger, or the Sacrificial Dagger (your choice)

So question 1: We had 3 of the 4 weapons already in our possession when the haunt started, but not all are cursed correct? So we basically had to choose the one we want to be the cursed weapon?

Question 2: The rules then state "if you are in the same room as the cursed weapon, you can attempt a Might or Knowledge roll of 5+ to study the weapon" So if we chose The Axe, if I am in the same room as the person with the axe I can attempt to learn about the weapon or does the weapon have to be in my possession?

Question 3: Rule says "When heroes have collected a number of those tokens equal to the number of players, they understand how the weapon works and can kill Crimson Jack. So two-parter: A) We played 6 players, so did we need 5 tokens because only 5 of us were heroes, or do we have to include the traitor and have 6 tokens for 6 total players? B) If someone dies, does that lower the number of tokens we need to learn a weapon or does that stay the same? So if 2 of our 5 people die, do we need 3 tokens or 5 tokens?

There was a lot of back & forth. I said we had to pick a weapon, could learn a weapon as long as we were in the room with who had it, and that the number of tokens needed would be the same after someone dies. Team was very torn on the interpretation of these as most said they thought the tokens would decrease if someone died.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Brookland
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
1: Yes I'd say you have to choose one and only one to be the cursed weapon - it does say there's a cursed weapon not there's cursed weapons after all.

2: Yes, it seems clear to me being in the same room is enough and you don't need it in your possession.

3: I would read it that you would need six tokens in a six player game and the target number wouldn't decrease if heroes are killed. The reason being that the wording is number of players not number of heroes or number of current heroes.

Also it would seem odd thematically and mechanically that the heroes could gain understanding of the weapon by the action of a hero dying if they were currently one token short
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Z
Australia
Rockhampton
QLD
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
alanB wrote:
1: Yes I'd say you have to choose one and only one to be the cursed weapon - it does say there's a cursed weapon not there's cursed weapons after all.

2: Yes, it seems clear to me being in the same room is enough and you don't need it in your possession.

3: I would read it that you would need six tokens in a six player game and the target number wouldn't decrease if heroes are killed. The reason being that the wording is number of players not number of heroes or number of current heroes.

Also it would seem odd thematically and mechanically that the heroes could gain understanding of the weapon by the action of a hero dying if they were currently one token short

Agree with these.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.