Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Walter Franco
Netherlands
Rotterdam
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi everyone,

I've been going back and forth trying to decide what to do. I am moving from the US to the Netherlands and I wish to bring some of my games from my collection with me. Of course, due to the size and weight of my collection, I will only be able to bring a handful of them with me.

So my question for you guys is: if you were in my shoes and wanted to have a balanced library of games, which ones from my collection (WalterVF) would you bring and why?

Keep in mind:
I mainly play games with my wife, so having games that play well with 2 is important, but of course we want games we can play with others too.
I have already brought: Skull, Beyond Baker Street, The Resistance, Love Letter, Hanamikoji and Jaipur. So keep your list to a max of 5 games as I don't think I can bring any more than that at this time.

Thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curt Carpenter
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Permanent or temporary? If temporary, bag the bits and boards, but don't bring boxes. You can pack a lot of games in a surprisingly small space. That's what I did when I went overseas for a couple years.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Olaf Slomp
Netherlands
Moerkapelle
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You have 9 games rated 9 or higher. Out of those, Skull and Jaipur are already taken care of.
Leaves you with seven games that are a must bring I would say.
If you take 7 Wonders Duel and Onirim out of their boxes, you should have no problem sticking them in the other five, and there’s your pile to bring.

(Personally, I would leave Powergrid and bring the War of the Ring, but you know your own likes better)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Louise McCully
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If it's for a couple of years only take as few as possible. You will be a train ride from Essen. Soooo many games to buy...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walter Franco
Netherlands
Rotterdam
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
curtc wrote:
Permanent or temporary? If temporary, bag the bits and boards, but don't bring boxes. You can pack a lot of games in a surprisingly small space. That's what I did when I went overseas for a couple years.

Thank you for the suggestion!
For now I’m guaranteed to stay for one year, but the plan is to stay here longer if everything works out after my program. I just wanted to have a few more games here and have been having the hardest time picking which ones. Was hoping people would look at my collection and say: “games A, B, and C would really compliment each other.”

Edit: clearing up some confusion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walter Franco
Netherlands
Rotterdam
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rhianna_ wrote:
If it's for a couple of years only take as few as possible. You will be a train ride from Essen. Soooo many games to buy...

Hahaha I know! I’m quite excited about that

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curt Carpenter
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
WalterVF wrote:
For now the plan is to stay for one year, but the plan is to stay here longer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walter Franco
Netherlands
Rotterdam
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
curtc wrote:
WalterVF wrote:
For now the plan is to stay for one year, but the plan is to stay here longer.

Just realized how confusing I sounded. Fixed the post above
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Olaf Slomp
Netherlands
Moerkapelle
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome to our little corner of the world!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walter Franco
Netherlands
Rotterdam
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Olafslomp wrote:
Welcome to our little corner of the world!

Dank je wel! Been loving it here so far
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.