Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ken Newell
Canada
Prince George
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My wife and I had another attempt at this game in a 2 player outing.

However, late in the game I ran out of Pioneers to place on the board (I probably spread myself too thin).

Are the number of Pioneers each player has, to be a finite number or if we run out can we just use a different colour?

In our game we were so close to the end that we actually were able to win the game without having to worry about it. But had it gone on one more round it would have put us in a quandry.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stuart Scott
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
I'm very much interested in this question as well; I ran out of pioneers on my first play through when we had barely even started the game. We treated it as an unlimited resource and worked around with paper and pen to note the numbers on the track, but I don't know if this is right.

Part of me thinks that maybe it is part of the puzzle - you can't just spam out your pioneers everywhere you go, you have to focus in on set areas of the board and work together to make sure you all go in the same places. It would certainly explain why we found it a bit easy (although we played on the easy setting in terms of bonus tokens, didn't play with a traitor and didn't play with bug cards).
However, if it is set up that way then I can't see why you would start with the same number of pioneers on all player counts; surely you should have fewer pioneers on higher player counts and more on lower ones?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gail Maser
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have also the same question.

For 2 players in 5/3/3 mode, I have ran out of pionneers towards the end. I could not do anything anymore while my wife needed an extra 3 rounds to make us win the game, trying to manage to the best with the last 3 pionners she got left to stabilize 2 more galaxies.

I found it pretty awkward end of game, especially as with 2 players, each player will have to put a lot more pionneers on the Regression board that for a 3 or 4 player game. And we have only 24 pionneers availlable, whatever type of game we play.

On some early videos, it was mentionned that you where allowed to take back in your reserve some pionners from the galaxies you were passing by.

But I wasn't able to find anything on the (French) rules mentionning taking back pionneers.

I would appreciate comments from the developpers on that point.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stuart Scott
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
So, Morning Players have replied in the comments on the KS pages; they say:

Quote:
- Finally about the rules, the components are limited, which means if you are out of pioneers, you cannot terraform. But you can withdraw your own pioneers from the board, if pass through their Galaxy tiles.

So I think (at least the English) rulebook is missing statements about being to pick your pioneers back up again when going through a tile. Don't know if there are any limitations on this pickup mechanism (/if you have to pay cards to do it..) etc, but at least we know they are limited and not an endless supply.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gail Maser
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Stuart.

In the French rule, there is no mention as well.

let's wait for our friends of Morning to clarify a bit the rules

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Urbain
msg tools
Hello everyone.

Here's some answers that can clarify the rule questions.

Yes the number of pioneers are limited and you cannot terraform anymore if you don't have pioneers in front of you

You can indeed withdraw your pioneer from the board when you pass through it, for free.

Simon
Morning
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.