Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
9 Posts

Thunderstone Quest» Forums » Rules

Subject: Another way to heal ? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
I'm wondering is there another way to heal except with potions tokens ? I mean, if i'm correct, for exemple : when I play a silverhelm heroe and i'm in the dungeon, I can heal 1 wound but still need 1 potion to do that.
Is there some cards that gives you directly heal without spend a potion token ?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wakefield Morys-Carter
United Kingdom
Oxford
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yarrollith wrote:
I'm wondering is there another way to heal except with potions tokens ? I mean, if i'm correct, for exemple : when I play a silverhelm heroe and i'm in the dungeon, I can heal 1 wound but still need 1 potion to do that.
Is there some cards that gives you directly heal without spend a potion token ?

Thanks

Cards that heal (such as heroes) do not need potions to do so. Silverhelm doesn't mention the use of a potion. Also, remember that you get a free heal for every village turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wow what a misunderstanding from myself. I thought for each heal action you are doing you actually need to spend a token. So we can use potions unlimited times in a village phase ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Tessmann
United States
Tustin
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No, potions are one shot items and are destroyed when you use them (as a Dungeon or Town action). No matter where you go in the town, you are always allowed to heal 1 wound for free. You can heal a second wound if you go to the temple (but you can't level up or go use a lantern to squash the level 0 monster).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wakefield Morys-Carter
United Kingdom
Oxford
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dainslaif wrote:
No, potions are one shot items and are destroyed when you use them (as a Dungeon or Town action). No matter where you go in the town, you are always allowed to heal 1 wound for free. You can heal a second wound if you go to the temple (but you can't level up or go use a lantern to squash the level 0 monster).

Equally, yes you can use as many potions as you own at the start of a village or dungeon turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Toltz
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
Your cat likes me more
badge
In brightest day / In blackest night / No evil shall escape my sight / Let those who worship evil's might / Beware my power--Green Lantern's light!
mbmbmbmbmb
Note that you use village and dungeon actions before buying things; you can only buy at most one potion per turn (assuming you go to the bazaar); and you can't use the potion the turn you buy it because using a gear token is a village or dungeon action and you're already past that point.

But yeah. Basically there are 3 ways to heal.

1. A card tells you to heal.
2. Use a potion as a dungeon or village action.
3. When you take a village turn, you heal 1 wound, or 2 wounds if you went to the temple.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Coooool Many thanks for your help !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Dreier
msg tools
Asmor wrote:
and you can't use the potion the turn you buy it because using a gear token is a village or dungeon action and you're already past that point.

There is an exception to this rule for potions, which you can use right after buying them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Toltz
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
Your cat likes me more
badge
In brightest day / In blackest night / No evil shall escape my sight / Let those who worship evil's might / Beware my power--Green Lantern's light!
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh? I must have missed that. Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.