Gentes» Forums » Rules

Subject: Multiple Hometowns rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jörg Schröder
Germany
Kassel
flag msg tools
"The game is out there, and it's either play, or get played. That simple." (Omar)
badge
"The game is out there, and it's either play, or get played. That simple." (Omar)
mbmbmbmbmb
If I would have more than one hometown in one row, would I be allowed to activate a hometowns function twice?
In our last game we had the situation of two houses in the bottom row and the player made a training action and used both houses to train 4 people.
Is this allowed?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan Risthaus
Germany
Wolfsburg
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
JoergBoerg wrote:
If I would have more than one hometown in one row, would I be allowed to activate a hometowns function twice?
In our last game we had the situation of two houses in the bottom row and the player made a training action and used both houses to train 4 people.
Is this allowed?

Yes.

You can use each hometown only once per round, but you may use several hometowns in the same player turn.

If you have two hometowns in the second row and all three of the bottom line, you may trigger an education action with the first hometown, adjust the price with the second, and make three additional educations for the three in the bottom line. Thus, with only one sand timer and 3 coins you can educate 5 persons of the cheapest kind. I have never seen that, but - yes - it is in accordance with the rules.

You could also use the three bottom line hometowns for additional money from the tax collector. For one sand timer you could get 4+4+4+4=16 coins; for two sand timers you could get 8+8+8+8 = 32 coins! (Edit: correction of coins for tax collector).

Greetings
Stefan
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jörg Schröder
Germany
Kassel
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Stefan,

thank your for the clarification.

REAL TIGRIS wrote:
You could also use the three bottom line hometowns for additional money from the tax collector. For one sand timer you could get 8+8+8+8 = 32 coins!

Mmh, you would need to get a double sand timer for that, right?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan Risthaus
Germany
Wolfsburg
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
JoergBoerg wrote:
Hi Stefan,

REAL TIGRIS wrote:
You could also use the three bottom line hometowns for additional money from the tax collector. For one sand timer you could get 8+8+8+8 = 32 coins!

Correct! Sorry for twisting number of sand timers and amount of coins. I have amended the original post.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joerg Schaefer
Germany
Frankfurt
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
REAL TIGRIS wrote:
JoergBoerg wrote:
Hi Stefan,

REAL TIGRIS wrote:

Correct! Sorry for twisting number of sand timers and amount of coins. I have amended the original post.

We should have seen this before our game today. We played it as multipliers instead of adding the coins. Played this way, we gave a player who owned two home towns and two tax collector cards, 8*2*2*2*2=128 coins for this action.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.