Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
15 Posts

Mythic Battles: Pantheon» Forums » General

Subject: Why are the 3 expansions more expensive than Basegame ? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andreas Klein
Germany
flag msg tools
Im talkin bout Hera, Poseidon,- & Hephaistos-expansions to be accurate.
How is an expansion with half the content of its basegame more expensive ?
Im from Europe & the prices tend from 100 - 150 €

???

Thanx
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Smith
United Kingdom
Gillingham
Kent
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Because those who didn't go all in are desperate to get them. Main boxes are easier to get.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Felix Lastname
Germany
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Just wait a little for the reprint, and all will be well.
8 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Klein
Germany
flag msg tools
That sounds like blackmail !
When will it get reptinted ?
Thank yall for info.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Felix Lastname
Germany
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
It's not entirely clear. We are assuming the Batman campaign will run its due course, and then there will be pre-order/KS for old MB: Pantheon stuff as well as possibly (!, it has been hinted) some new items.

I would be surprised if that happened before May.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Klein
Germany
flag msg tools
Im not well versed with all that KS-stuff, stretchgoal, campaign, pledge . . . at all xD but after May is enough info. Thanx again <3
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Auchtung
msg tools
mb
EasyLover wrote:
Im talkin bout Hera, Poseidon,- & Hephaistos-expansions to be accurate.
How is an expansion with half the content of its basegame more expensive ?
Im from Europe & the prices tend from 100 - 150 €

???

Thanx


Uh... because the demand for these products exceeds the supply. This drives the market value of the product up. When the existing supply exceeds the demand, the market value of the product will go down.

Don't they teach this stuff in primary schools over there?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Klein
Germany
flag msg tools
Good one you got me !xD
I never knew supply is so low.
Our education level is high & our schools are demanding.
Becomin a student is also a lot more difficult than in countless other contries.
So . . . to give you a light glimpse on Germany
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Herschel Krustofski

Pennsylvania
msg tools
The actual reason was that initially Mythic Battles Pantheon was going to be released to retail. After the pledge manager closed, they announced that it would not be in retail at all.

Many people left the expansions off their pledge assuming they could get them later. Once they found they couldn't, demand exceeded supply and the prices shot up.

All of Mythic Battles in the future, as well as all of Monolith's games, will be Kickstarter exclusive.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Smith
United Kingdom
Gillingham
Kent
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mythic Battles wants to go retail which is one of the reasons for their split.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Auchtung
msg tools
mb
Krusticlese wrote:
The actual reason was that initially Mythic Battles Pantheon was going to be released to retail. After the pledge manager closed, they announced that it would not be in retail at all.

Many people left the expansions off their pledge assuming they could get them later. Once they found they couldn't, demand exceeded supply and the prices shot up.

All of Mythic Battles in the future, as well as all of Monolith's games, will be Kickstarter exclusive.


Ah - I see. So what YOU’RE saying is that the supply of existing expansions is not exceeding demand for them. Therefore, under your proposed model, the market is responding to that scarcity by pressuring sellers to increase prices. Gotcha.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Herschel Krustofski

Pennsylvania
msg tools
mattauchtung wrote:
Krusticlese wrote:
The actual reason was that initially Mythic Battles Pantheon was going to be released to retail. After the pledge manager closed, they announced that it would not be in retail at all.

Many people left the expansions off their pledge assuming they could get them later. Once they found they couldn't, demand exceeded supply and the prices shot up.

All of Mythic Battles in the future, as well as all of Monolith's games, will be Kickstarter exclusive.


Ah - I see. So what YOU’RE saying is that the supply of existing expansions is not exceeding demand for them. Therefore, under your proposed model, the market is responding to that scarcity by pressuring sellers to increase prices. Gotcha.


If the prices were ridiculous, people wouldn't pay it. It's worth exactly what it sells for to those that buy it at that price. No one is forcing sellers to jack up prices, buyers do that. Econ 101.

Oh... you were trying to be cute I take it? Altruism doesn't work in a supply/ demand model.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Auchtung
msg tools
mb
Nope. Trying to be accurate. Your education continues:

The laws of supply and demand only apply to scarce resources in a marketplace. Such as board games.

Altruism is freely created, given rather than bought/sold, and is infinitely reproducibe. It’s impossible to horde/steal/destroy. It is an idea, and an emotion, and an act of moral agency.

The law of scarcity doesn’t really apply to that category of terms, sure. But who was saying otherwise?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Herschel Krustofski

Pennsylvania
msg tools
mattauchtung wrote:
Nope. Trying to be accurate. Your education continues:

The laws of supply and demand only apply to scarce resources in a marketplace. Such as board games.

Altruism is freely created, given rather than bought/sold, and is infinitely reproducibe. It’s impossible to horde/steal/destroy. It is an idea, and an emotion, and an act of moral agency.

The law of scarcity doesn’t really apply to that category of terms, sure. But who was saying otherwise?


Your entire original, albiet snarky point was that sellers forced the prices which is not true in the slightest. I watched many of those auctions and they were freely bid up past what the seller had as an original buy it now price. That would be the buyers setting the prices, not the sellers. Did you happen to monitor the Mythic Battles Pantheon secondary market sales as well?

Based on your net snark, I assumed YOU would prefer an altruistic system where sellers just sell for what they paid for "the good of the gaming community"- or "gimmie that deal you got". That is also an altruistic gesture even though money is involved, no profit is made by the seller...but I can wait while you Google the definition.

Education indeed. Lol. Look up 'straw man logical fallacy' as well while you are at it, because that is what you did in your original post.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Auchtung
msg tools
mb
Buyers set prices in auctions, of course. But that is not a market - it's an auction. There are no sellers - only buyers, inventory, and a trustee.

In a market (a space where buyers and sellers meet) the sellers set prices. Have you been in a gas station lately? Try telling the clerk how much you have set the price of his gas at, and let me know how it goes, haha.

Krusticlese wrote:
I assumed YOU would prefer...


Ok, I reckon that's fine. You are free to assume whatever you'd like. I never said any of what followed, nor do I believe any of it. But I guess go ahead and assume otherwise? Free world.

Lastly - who did I strawman? I think I pretty much quoted you back to you. To be honest I agreed with most of it. I don't even really understand the fight you seem to think we're having.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.