Silent Victory: U.S. Submarines in the Pacific, 1941-45» Forums » General

Subject: Working on a playmap rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Yves Wouters
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Since i like to have as much as possible charts and maps in one (A3 size) layout i'm working on this all-in-one map.
it's based upon Koinsky's playmat but i wanted to include the 3 area maps as well.
to that map i found that longer patrols should have more chance of contact during transit so i added one transit zone for each starting port on the longer asignments.
i have aranged some of the ellements in groups so they are easier to find and use(in port at the top,combat to the left,damage at the bottom...).
i hope to have the map ready by next weekend.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Uwe Denk
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
Very nice!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yves Wouters
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thanks.besides the few little spelling mistakes(who are changed in the final version i am preparing for download) the map is finished but...a little bigger than i had planned.one of these days i'll go to the printshop to try out wich size is best.and make the downloadable version.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yves Wouters
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Since i found the uploaded map too large to be fun i made a new all in one(on one A3,200gr. laminated paper) playmat today.all counters fit their outlined places,exept those on the navgation map;these are just a little to small but still work fine.next to the board i added Lt.Cdr. P.Dempsey's(just a random name) 5 first mission reports,for me the first time on Silent Victory.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregory Smith
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Yves,

Awesome work! I am stunned at the amount of work, and really like how you got Pearl and Australia bases on the same map in a workable setup. Nicely done!
Why didn't we think of this? LOL.

Cheers,
Greg

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Gingell
United Kingdom
Shelfanger
Norfolk
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Seriously good work, well impressed.

Also like the Reports, I am sure my forum colleagues from Subron 9 would like a nice streamlined report to complete after their patrol, rather than the one I created.

Nice one Yves

For the OCD amongst us, can you spot the mistake on the First Report.

Spoiler (click to reveal)
You cannot earn the Navy Commendation Ribbon Until November 1943

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.