Maximum Apocalypse» Forums » Rules

Subject: Hunger/Starvation rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
stavros tsiakalos
msg tools
mbmb
Someone remind me:
The moment your hunger die goes to 6 you flip to the starvation side and immediately suffer 2 damage? Or do you flip the card and the next turn it advances to 2 damage?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Andrikopoulos
Greece
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
You immediately suffer 2 damage.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
stavros tsiakalos
msg tools
mbmb
Thanks.
Thinking of making a hunger dial instead of the dice, and working out how many numbers will go on it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Harrow
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
melkathi wrote:
Thanks.
Thinking of making a hunger dial instead of the dice, and working out how many numbers will go on it.

That's a cool idea. I guess you would need the numbers 1-5, a 6 that also has 2 wounds listed, and then the 4, 6, and 8 wounds. You could also put the death on there too.

So, 10 circular sectors on the wheel?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
stavros tsiakalos
msg tools
mbmb
Indeed. Looking if I'll change the numbering a bit. As there won't be a die involved it won't need the 1-6 numbering. You'll be able to go from not hungry to starving.
Will upload when I have something to show.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Gnade
United States
Delaware
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Just remember that if you're in the red (starving) that it's a 6 and if you eat 2 food or something you would tick more than 2 spaces down on the dial.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
stavros tsiakalos
msg tools
mbmb
mgnade wrote:
Just remember that if you're in the red (starving) that it's a 6 and if you eat 2 food or something you would tick more than 2 spaces down on the dial.

Yeah, it's these little things I am trying to think of a clever way to show.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Björn Harzer
Scotland
flag msg tools
badge
"That German Bloke"
mbmbmbmbmb
melkathi wrote:
mgnade wrote:

Yeah, it's these little things I am trying to think of a clever way to show.

How about flipping the card and using a D6 with the 6-side moving down a scale? ...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
stavros tsiakalos
msg tools
mbmb
Sounds revolutionary. But making custom dice seems even harder. Also, I'd need to make a health tracker so you don't have to move the tokens from one side to the other when flipping

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmb
mgnade wrote:

Hang on.... so if you're at hunger level 6, you flip the card and take 2 dmg. Then next turn you go down the track once more and take the next level of dmg. If you eat 1 food, do you go back up to the 1st level hunger track and take 2 dmg or do you go down to 5 on the hunger dice and flip your card back over?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Harrow
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gregolution wrote:
mgnade wrote:

Hang on.... so if you're at hunger level 6, you flip the card and take 2 dmg. Then next turn you go down the track once more and take the next level of dmg. If you eat 1 food, do you go back up to the 1st level hunger track and take 2 dmg or do you go down to 5 on the hunger dice and flip your card back over?

The latter

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob H
United States
California
flag msg tools
Oh? So in function 6 is the maximum value and the flip side of the card is just how LONG you have been at 6? If something could somehow give 5 food, you could go from one step from starving to death (last spot on the back of the player card) to fully fed with a 1 and the normal side of the card?

Sorry if this is a simple question. I'm still awaiting my copy so I'm just learning.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Harrow
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
chaplin717 wrote:
Oh? So in function 6 is the maximum value and the flip side of the card is just how LONG you have been at 6? If something could somehow give 5 food, you could go from one step from starving to death (last spot on the back of the player card) to fully fed with a 1 and the normal side of the card?

Sorry if this is a simple question. I'm still awaiting my copy so I'm just learning.

Yes, exactly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.