Popular Tags: [View All]
SLThomas
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This scenario ocurred during a real 2-player game;

Night Phase:
- I was on the final space of the Fire Temple, the other player on final space of Water Temple.
- Quests in play included an item from the Water Temple and a couple movement Quests. I was looking to complete the Fire Temple only to progress my Legendary Item track.
- The Player on final space of Water Temple rested, and therefore claimed the relevant Quest Card. We immediately drew another Quest Card that turned out coincidentally to be a Fire Temple Quest Card which of course I didn't know about when I was attempting the Fire Temple... good news for me having completed the Fire Temple but not yet rested...

Question: If I rest at this stage, can I immediately take the Fire Temple Quest as well as advancing my Legendary Item track? Or does the fact that I completed the Fire Temple (but hadn't yet rested) before the Quest was drawn mean that I am precluded from this coincidental Quest?

My impartial view (now that the game is over!) was that I could have taken the Fire Temple Quest Card, but in the spirit of fair play given the uncertainty on this rule, I did not take it in practice when I was under rules duress!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
You get both! Sometimes you just get ridiculously lucky with the quest card draw. I've been on the good side of that as well as the bad side.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Patterson
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thematically, you go questing for your legendary item, and then on the way out it's a "wow, look what else I found" moment.

We had a slightly different version of this, though, the last time we played. Someone completed a quest, which meant we had to draw a new card, but it ended up being a third item quest, which would push the first one in line, which someone was about to claim, off the track. I instead discarded the newly drawn cards (it happened more than once) until a new movement quest was drawn. Seems unfair to have someone lose on an item they were questing for because of the draw of another item card. I believe this was mentioned as a semi-offical rule variant.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.