Subject: Panic fear card rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Stéphane B

Gatineau
Québec
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have just completed the Fast phase, and dealt 2 damage to a big city.
Now i am resolving a fear card, and it's called 'panic'. It says to add a Strife token to a city, and that invaders have 1 less health per strife token. Does that mean the city is destroyed?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin S.
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, the damage has been taken. The city now only has 2 health and the 2 damage is enough to destroy it. The same would be true if a slow power transformed the city into a town, the damage would remain and the town would be destroyed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tobias Lunte
Germany
Garrel
Niedersachsen
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Building on top of that: Assuming there were only 2 fear tokens missing for the next card (or even the next terror level), would that newly unlocked fear card resolve immediately, or the round after? If you reached a new terror level, would remaining fear cards be resolved at that new level? I.e., can fear generated during the fear effect phase chain into more/better fear effects?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Blankstein
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tobl wrote:
Building on top of that: Assuming there were only 2 fear tokens missing for the next card (or even the next terror level), would that newly unlocked fear card resolve immediately, or the round after? If you reached a new terror level, would remaining fear cards be resolved at that new level? I.e., can fear generated during the fear effect phase chain into more/better fear effects?

Immediately. I'm running out the door, so I can't look up the page right now, but it's in the rulebook.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Everything between now and the next game is just killing time
England
London
Agitation
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am not running out the door. The text box on Page 9 says to "... put them on the bottom of the stack you're currently resolving."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dylan Thurston
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The question starting the thread was somehow not yet a FAQ, but it is now. (It's only relevant for Branch & Claw, no base game effects modify health.)

Here's the FAQ for the second question.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Lennert
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
dthurston wrote:
no base game effects modify health.

That's technically untrue, though I don't think any base-game health-modifications can create a situation like this. (England has health modifications at high level.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.