5 Posts

Scythe» Forums » Rules

Subject: Togawa Speed Compensation rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Yag Avaryu
South Africa
flag msg tools
So, Albion has a potential for 12 teleport destinations (8 dispersed workers and 4 flags)- AND each flag can possibly add 1 to hex count - not too shabby!

But (by my understanding of the rules) Togawa has only the 4 trap teleports - AND they have to be armed to be eligible for the hex count at end-of-game. Seems a bit of an underwhelming speed compensation. Am I missing something?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcus Lind
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They can also use lakes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Hogue
United States
O'fallon
IL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
marcuslind1 wrote:
They can also use lakes.

Togawa also haa a more compact starting area, with easier access to the various hex types.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carsten Neumann
Germany
Düsseldorf
flag msg tools
... seriously, do it :-)
badge
Play more board games!
mbmbmbmbmb
I get your point, but...

People are punished if they move to a trap!
People WANT to occupy hexes with traps to deny Albion the bonus.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lines J. Hutter
Germany
Munich
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Togawa don‘t need to occupy a trap to have it count as an additional territory. They can easily setup their traps far away from any opponents, leave them there and gain the bonus without caring much.
Albion needs to leave units on their Flag hexes to have them count as additional territory. = 4 immobile units = less mobility.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.