Steve F
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools

Commonly recommended for smaller board game storage. 25% off coupon today only. Brings price to $17.99 with $6.95 shipping or free shipping at $49

http://www.michaels.com/recollections-color-photo-craft-keep...\

Please feel free to reply with a better cheaper option if you know of one because i've been on the fence whether to buy one or not for a while now.

Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben R
United States
Henderson
Nevada
flag msg tools
Why play 'em when you can trade 'em?!?!
badge
And on the 8th day, God said "Let there be Math Trades"
mbmbmbmbmb
They seem to be around the same size as these:

Which I've been using for cards. They cost around $2, and leave your cards smelling minty fresh!

Edit: Actually, these are smaller but more than ample for standard sized cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mat
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wouldn't it be better to use the coupon on the front page of their website (40SAVE22518) to get 40% off rather than 25%?

Michael's is one of those places where they're constantly having "sales" that they're constantly one-upping. I know they occasionally have 50% or more sales.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JPotter
United States
Tulsa
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
I enjoy designing / manufacturing game components and upgrades. Got a project? PM!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Be aware the 40% off coupon is for 1 item only. If planning multiple purchases, buy 1 at multiple stores.

The 40% off coupon is an institution. THey run it every week, and have for at least 25yrs
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Johnston
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BentlyCash wrote:

Which I've been using for cards. They cost around $2, and leave your cards smelling minty fresh!

These look great. How many cards can you fit in one of these?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave J
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
aesthetocyst wrote:
Be aware the 40% off coupon is for 1 item only. If planning multiple purchases, buy 1 at multiple stores.

The 40% off coupon is an institution. THey run it every week, and have for at least 25yrs

Or wait a couple of weeks and use the 50% or a month or two and use the 60% off!!!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Baldassar
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I purchased this a few years back to take small games to conventions.
If the game is basically a deck of cards you can fit two games in each container, I'm in the middle of a move, I can't verify although I believe I was able to pack about 25 games in the containers, I also made small labels so I could look and grab as needed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
https://smile.amazon.com/IRIS-Extra-Embellishment-Keeper-Han...

You can also get 2 for a similar price on Amazon($31.75) for that sweet free shipping.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Grinnan
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I bought this a while back. It will fit Tiny Epic games in them just fine. I have Pit in one. It fits it fine with 2 stacks of cards side by side.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben R
United States
Henderson
Nevada
flag msg tools
Why play 'em when you can trade 'em?!?!
badge
And on the 8th day, God said "Let there be Math Trades"
mbmbmbmbmb
PapaBear73 wrote:
BentlyCash wrote:

These look great. How many cards can you fit in one of these?

They're about 4.25in X 3.25in and about 7 sticks of gum deep(They fit a deck of 52 cards)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean F
United States
Puyallup
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
HODL
mbmbmbmbmb
This reminds me of when CDs replaced albums. They were a lot more compact and convenient, but I sure missed the album covers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mindy Basi
United States
Urbana
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have five of these that I keep my small games in...and frankly I miss the boxes...but it's handy and most small box games fit in them with the bits and the instructions.

Very nice to keep in the car to pull out filler games at a moment's notice!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe J
msg tools
I picked up one of these a couple months back the last time it was posted.

They proved to work very well for Gloomhaven character packs. They are ever so slightly too small to hold the character sheets, but it holds everything else including the character board, miniature, decks and health/xp dial. I don't know what we'd do without them.

We store the room tiles, monster stuff, and inventory in external storage solutions. But that frees up room for 5 of these containers in the box with the planos. I did a tiny bit of foamcore to make one box for the city and road events. Holds both decks and they pop out when you push down. It also holds the monster attack deck between sessions.

They also sell them individually if you don't need quite so many and can catch them on sale.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy S
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I put Dome Crushers (standard size) into one of the gum packs. It worked well. I used baking soda to remove the minty smell.

For this one I cut off the box top and bottom and separated the back from the rest. It fits in nicely with the 26 sleeved cards, so 28-30 sleeved cards on their own is probably about the limit.

I've asked my gum-chewing wife for more of these.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
that Matt
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.
badge
I can feel bits of my brain falling away like wet cake.
mbmbmbmbmb
Sin1969 wrote:
They are ever so slightly too small to hold the character sheets

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Al Garcia
United States
Long Beach
California
flag msg tools
Very handy for smaller games that don't have large boards and you don't mind folding included instructions. Great for dice storage too!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B S
United States
redondo beach
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you search on Google Express and use the codes floating around on BGG for $10 off your first order you can get something similar for $15.79 and free shipping.
(Also looks like its made by Iris - someone on Michaels web site was bemoaning that they had switched from Iris to a cheaper and inferior supplier?)

https://express.google.com/product/8567947303279329941_98174...

Apologies if this isn't formatting correctly!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Piland
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
tumorous wrote:
Sin1969 wrote:
They are ever so slightly too small to hold the character sheets

I had to do a double take when I read this because I have my GH characters organized in these (clear ones, though) and wasn't sure what the problem was...

I do recall now that I had to trim the character sheets (NOT the boards, which was how I first read the comment) to fit without folding, but I kind of assumed that was because I'd printed out character sheets and hadn't trimmed them all the way to the border in the first place. The point is, no info is lost making it all fit... I am very happy with the results.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe J
msg tools
JTPiland wrote:
I do recall now that I had to trim the character sheets (NOT the boards, which was how I first read the comment) to fit without folding

Ah, I could see how what I said was confusing. Yeah, everything fits other than the pad of paper that tracks the stats and perks for the character.

I agree it'd be easy to trim a sheet and make it fit. We've just been tossing those pads, along with the party tracking pad, loose in the box on top of the planos since there is a suitable gap for them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Benson
United States
Pleasanton
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

I printed the cover art so I could see what is in each container.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vicki Reimert
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
ToomanyBarts wrote:
If you search on Google Express and use the codes floating around on BGG for $10 off your first order you can get something similar for $15.79 and free shipping.
(Also looks like its made by Iris - someone on Michaels web site was bemoaning that they had switched from Iris to a cheaper and inferior supplier?)

https://express.google.com/product/8567947303279329941_98174...

Apologies if this isn't formatting correctly!

These comments are exactly what makes me hesitant. I was wondering if anyone has purchased any of these more recently who could comment? It's such a great idea for small games!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.