Pontifex Maximus
United States
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And news from The Bizzaro Dimension
Quote:

An elementary school in Pennsylvania will close for classes this week when a nearby church holds a blessing ceremony involving AR-15 rifles.

The superintendent of the Wallenpaupack Area School District wrote in a letter to parents that students will instead be taken to schools about 15 miles away, The Associated Press reported.

The superintendent in the letter said there is "no direct threat," but said there are worries about parking, traffic and the "nature of the event."

Yeah, no kidding on that part. And the purpose of the ceremony?

Quote:
The World Peace and Unification Sanctuary in Newfoundland, Pa. is telling couples to bring their semi-automatic rifles to a blessing ceremony it is scheduled to hold Wednesday.

The event is meant to give couples an opportunity "to show their willingness to defend their families, communities and nation," The Times-Tribune in Scranton reported last week.

Ok, they could not think of a different bonding activity, like Thai Cooking or pottery?

And just what is this church again?

Quote:
Welcome to the website of the World Peace and Unification Sanctuary, also known as the Sanctuary Church of Newfoundland, PA!

Our pastor, Rev. Hyung Jin Moon, and his wife Rev. Yeon Ah Lee Moon, are the appointed heir/successor couple carrying on the providential work of his father, the Rev. Sun Myung Moon, whose encounter with Jesus at age 15 led to his six decade worldwide ministry to fulfill Christ's mission, based on his Biblically based teachings, the Divine Principle.

Yeah, maybe a good idea to close the school for the AR-15 ceremony. In an environment including heavily armed folks with a "mission" always best to err on the side of caution

(edit) Didn't link to their website because did not wish to provide a link from them to this fine establishment, but if you want to get there fast just google "World Peace and Unification Sanctuary"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Pennsylvania
msg tools
badge
Bitter acerbic harridan
mbmbmb
Because nothing says "World Peace" more than blessing an AR-15. Goddammit, PA, why must we have our share of lunatics?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Vondra
United States
Charlottesville
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
"World Peace and Unification Church" run by the children of Sun Myung Moon.
In the eighties this "Church" was refered to as a cult known as the "Moonies"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Born To Lose, Live To Win
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sue_G wrote:
Because nothing says "World Peace" more than blessing an AR-15. Goddammit, PA, why must we have our share of lunatics?
As your neighbor to the west, we are really rooting for you not to fall past Florida and Arizona to the very bottom.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.D. Hall
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
TheChin! wrote:
Sue_G wrote:
As your neighbor to the west, we are really rooting for you not fall past Florida and Arizona to the very bottom.

Hell, between Texas and Oklahoma, we've got more lunatics than the rest of the nation combined. Y'all ain't gonna catch us!

Blessing a gun -- wow, that's a new take on Christianity, that's for sure.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I like board games more than most people.
United States
Northlake
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
When I die I want people to look at the condition of my games and say, "Man, he really played these alot."
mbmbmb
Those guys are nuts. Here in Illinois, we simply bless ammunition.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Kearns
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
Silence is golden.
badge
Your sea is so great and my boat is so small.
mbmbmbmbmb
Indiana Senate passes bill allowing guns in churches at schools

http://fox59.com/2018/02/07/indiana-senate-passes-bill-allow...

https://indianapublicmedia.org/stateimpact/2018/02/22/panel-...

https://www.wfyi.org/news/articles/bill-would-allow-guns-in-...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Brown
United States
Okemos
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They just need to dip it in gold to complete the image of idolatry.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Dearlove
United Kingdom
Chelmsford
Essex
flag msg tools
SoRCon 11 23-25 Feb 2018 Basildon UK http://www.sorcon.co.uk
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TheChin! wrote:
Sue_G wrote:
As your neighbor to the west, we are really rooting for you not to fall past Florida and Arizona to the very bottom.

As far as I can see, it's a competition, states attempting to go even lower than the last idiocy. Past contenders have included most if not all of the Confererate states as well as Kansas, Missouri, Utah and those mentioned, but I'm sure I've left some out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kjamma4 wrote:
Those guys are nuts. Here in Illinois, we simply bless ammunition.

Well, you have to do that so the bullets will kill the demons that infest Illinois.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
matthean wrote:
They just need to dip it in gold to complete the image of idolatry.

But then later discretely change it to gold paint to save money for hookers and cheap blow.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sue_G wrote:

I was surprised this wasn't an Arizona event.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The play's the thing ...
Australia
Point Lonsdale
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
Going thirty-eight, Dan, chill the f*** out. Mow your damn lawn and sit the hell down.
mbmbmbmbmb
SpaceAlien wrote:
Sue_G wrote:

I was surprised this wasn't an Arizona event.

Then it wouldn’t be news I suppose.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam I am
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
What did I tell you...
badge
NO PICKLE!
mbmbmbmbmb
Sue_G wrote:

Pennsylvania... The new Florida!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
remorseless1 wrote:
Hell, between Texas and Oklahoma, we've got more lunatics than the rest of the nation combined. Y'all ain't gonna catch us!

Now that the Oklahoma thread about the Session Prayers is up, I see what you mean.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mortego
United States
New Kensington
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sue_G wrote:

Not sure where in PA you live but I live in Westmoreland County & work pretty much within a mile of Armstrong County (A shade of RED so deep it's ridiculous), I wouldn't put it past yahoos from those place will follow-up and heck, maybe even offer baptizing favored/loved weapons.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Michealson
United States
Maple Grove
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
remorseless1 wrote:
TheChin! wrote:
Sue_G wrote:
As your neighbor to the west, we are really rooting for you not fall past Florida and Arizona to the very bottom.

They are just following Jesus' message. Can't you see that?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Y'know, I always used to get the Hari Krishna's who gave out flowers at the airport and the Moonies confused. Not anymore.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Pennsylvania
msg tools
badge
Bitter acerbic harridan
mbmbmb
killerjoe1962 wrote:
Sue_G wrote:

Not sure where in PA you live but I live in Westmoreland County & work pretty much within a mile of Armstrong County (A shade of RED so deep it's ridiculous), I wouldn't put it past yahoos from those place will follow-up and heck, maybe even offer baptizing favored/loved weapons.

I'm out west of Philly - West Chester-ish area.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald
United States
New Alexandria
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is fucked up:

https://twitter.com/ap_images/status/968938936973365255
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pontifex Maximus
United States
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Donald wrote:

No. After seeing those pics I would say "Fucked up" is in the rear view mirror
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G Rowls
msg tools
Mostly made up of spare parts and sarcasm! ... HTTP Error 418 I'm a Teapot!
mbmb
Kumitedad wrote:
Donald wrote:

No. After seeing those pics I would say "Fucked up" is in the rear view mirror

if the ones with their hands up are shouting "Don't shoot! I'm not not with these fuckwits!" there may be sliver of hope for you merkins ....

nahhh.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Kearns
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
Silence is golden.
badge
Your sea is so great and my boat is so small.
mbmbmbmbmb
Donald wrote:

At some point, some dipshit is going to be raging about “why didn’t anyone see the warning signs?!”

“Why didn’t someone DO something?!”
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trey Chambers
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Why is anyone upset by members of a church worshiping their true god?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Shampoo4you wrote:

Why is anyone upset by members of a church worshiping their true god?

We outlaw snake handlers. Let's compare accidental death statistics.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.