Stuffed Fables» Forums » Rules

Subject: Courageous Card - Clarification needed rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Felten
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
I have some questions regarding the Courageous Card.

As far as I understand you receive on when defeating a boss. Given the boss is often the last encounter in a story, does the courageous card stick to the character for the next adventure/story?

It makes little sense to me that once can receive the courageous card only to immediately have no use for it [story is over and it is lost on reset for next story].

Q1: Does it stick around for the next adventure or not?

Also - does one receive a courageous card for defeating a leader? I guess that would allow for it to be useful [adventure/story is not yet over], but seems like a very low bar. It also could mean in a random encounter that multiple courageous cards are awarded.

Q2: Courageous card for boss AND leader defeat, or just boss?

Thanks for the clarification.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cory Kneeland
United States
Beaumont
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You get it when you defeat a leader minion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Bouselli
United States
Carteret
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
coralmark wrote:

As far as I understand you receive on when defeating a boss. Given the boss is often the last encounter in a story, does the courageous card stick to the character for the next adventure/story?

It makes little sense to me that once can receive the courageous card only to immediately have no use for it [story is over and it is lost on reset for next story].

Also - does one receive a courageous card for defeating a leader? I guess that would allow for it to be useful [adventure/story is not yet over], but seems like a very low bar. It also could mean in a random encounter that multiple courageous cards are awarded.

The rulebook states that you get a courageous card when defeating a leader minion not just a boss.

And no, it doesn’t carry over to the next game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Czerwonka
United States
Orland Hills
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TheRubexCube wrote:
coralmark wrote:

The rulebook states that you get a courageous card when defeating a leader minion not just a boss.

It carries over to the next pageof the same story, and the one after that and so on if there is one, or until you loose it or something.
But I think you then start from scratch when starting the next full story.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Bouselli
United States
Carteret
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Curfew wrote:
TheRubexCube wrote:
coralmark wrote:

It carries over to the next pageof the same story, and the one after that and so on if there is one, or until you loose it or something.
But I think you then start from scratch when starting the next full story.

Correct

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B B
msg tools
I may have missed it -

Do you put an attribute die that you roll but not use [possibly on next turn(s)] or do you select a die of your choice from the bag?

Also, who has the final call if another player is allowed to use it -ideally it’s a co-op decision but does anyone have veto power?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Czerwonka
United States
Orland Hills
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ben1835 wrote:
I may have missed it -

Do you put an attribute die that you roll but not use [possibly on next turn(s)] or do you select a die of your choice from the bag?

Also, who has the final call if another player is allowed to use it -ideally it’s a co-op decision but does anyone have veto power?

1. you grab 5 dice out of the bag,
roll the white dice
place the black dice
what you have left you can use attacking, moving, etc... roll accordingly.
any left over that you did not use yet, can be placed on your save die spot.

Once you roll a die for something, its been used for that action.... you cant roll 2 attack die and if one hit, you save the other one... no, they are both used for that single attack. Just to clear that up.

2. Are you talking about if you have the COURAGIOUS card where you can store another die on it? Its pretty much open yo everyone that would want it, but I guess if its on your card you can decide to let that person use it as this would be the best "fit to theme" way. But everyone is on the same team, you can let the group decide too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B B
msg tools
I do apologize for the confusing question.

On #1 I’m talking about placing an attribute die on the courageous card. Is that handled the same way as the save die spot, or do you simply select a die of choice out of the bag.

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Czerwonka
United States
Orland Hills
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Same way

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.