7 Posts

Star Wars: Imperial Assault» Forums » Variants

Subject: Playing Character specific Mission without expansion rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joel Adams
msg tools
mb
I was wondering if anyone has played character missions such as say Bossk without the Bespin Gambit tiles (replacing with other tiles of course). What I mean is the mission that comes with the ally/villain pack that allows you to then use them in future missions if you win.

The reason I ask is I just bought a "lot" that includes the Twin shadows expansion + return to hoth expansion and a bunch of ally/villain packs.

Most of those ally/villain packs are compatible but Bossk and Jedi Knight Luke Skywalker.

I know I can use them in Skirmish mode but I have not even played that yet and it doesn't appeal to me nearly as much as the campaign mode.

So I should have the mission specific to Bossk and JK Luke Skywalker, likely just not the tiles I need.

I was going to try to figure if I could make a map essentially that is the same shape with the core tiles (and maybe some from the aforementioned expansions) to make it work, but was just curious if anyone had already done it with these or other characters.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nolan Cluff

California
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
you could come close, but there would be differences. Even if you proxied the terrain, you would still have to deal with differences in blocking terrain etc. That said, I would totally go for it. The worst case scenario, you change the balance, but that is probably not a deal breaker in most cases.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wouter Dhondt
Belgium
Anzegem
flag msg tools
My armor is contempt. My shield is disgust. My sword is hatred. In the Emperor's name, let none survive.
badge
Song of my soul, my voice is dead; Die thou, unsung, as tears unshed. Shall dry and die in Lost Carcosa.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd print the missing tile on paper. Might not look as good, but works just as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James J
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would just avoid playing it for now! With the amount of content it sounds like you've got, that won't be hard. In my campaigns so far, I've only played 1 ally/villain mission per campaign. That's 1 every 10 missions or so.

Just play with the ones you have!

I'm not saying this because I care about you proxying or anything like that, just trying to save you from going to the trouble of something that's pretty unnecessary!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Adams
msg tools
mb
Jjdelanoche wrote:
I would just avoid playing it for now! With the amount of content it sounds like you've got, that won't be hard. In my campaigns so far, I've only played 1 ally/villain mission per campaign. That's 1 every 10 missions or so.

I'm not saying this because I care about you proxying or anything like that, just trying to save you from going to the trouble of something that's pretty unnecessary!

Yeah, thing is I really like Bossk!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James J
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jawadams wrote:
Jjdelanoche wrote:

Fair enough - but he'll still be there to play later! If you like him so much that you're only ever going to want to play his mission, then you're going to waste all the other villains you've got .

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Adams
msg tools
mb
Jjdelanoche wrote:
jawadams wrote:
Jjdelanoche wrote:

Fair enough - but he'll still be there to play later! If you like him so much that you're only ever going to want to play his mission, then you're going to waste all the other villains you've got .

True enough!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.