Sagrada» Forums » Reviews

Subject: Pleasant Surprise - Sagrada Review rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bobby Scarbrough
United States
Mississippi
flag msg tools
I went out to a bookstore with my wife and friend one day to kill some time. I was looking at their board game selection out of curiosity, and I happened to find a copy of Sagrada for relatively cheap, so I snagged it. I hadn't heard much about the game, only that if I saw a copy locally for a good price, snag it because it was popular and would be hard to get.

I wasn't expecting much. The game was pretty, I loved the components, and I liked the theme, but I wasn't sure about the gameplay.

Boy, was I in for a surprise. Sagrada ended up blowing my expectations away. The puzzle aspect had me thinking hard about what moves I wanted to make, and the dice draft made the competition fantastic. There were many times I found myself cursing my friends under my breath because they took the dice I needed, and I am sure they did the same. It's a fantastic game, and a real gem.

Not only is it fun to play, but the game is also VERY pretty. The translucent dice it come with are almost jewel-like, and I am a sucker for shiny things.

I would definitely recommend Sagrada if you and your group likes thought-provoking puzzles.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.