6 Posts

The Grimm Forest» Forums » General

Subject: Missing Components? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gene Miller
msg tools
mb
Just opened my copy the other day and the rules mention that there should be 20 single components for each resource. I only had 18 for both the wood & brick resources (as printed on the punch boards). I'm good with the straw, so is this a misprint in the rules...Just wondering if anyone else had this issue?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danny Lamprey
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was missing a wooden roof for one of my houses. I looked on their website and filled out their form and they sent me a replacement very quickly. They were very pleasant and great to deal with.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You are not missing any components. You are supposed to have 20 straw, 15 wood, and 15 brick. The manual has a typo in it.

If you care about the history, the manual originally stated that you would have 15 individual straw, wood, and brick. After the Kickstarter campaign, further play testing was done, and it was determined that an extra 5 straw would be needed. There was a disconnect in the communication to update the manual, and instead of the manual updating the straw count to 20, all three resource types were updated to a count of 20.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff ...
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I had missing components and filled out the replacements form weeks ago but have heard nothing since.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gene Miller
msg tools
mb
I stand corrected, it was 15 pieces, thanks for the clarification and confirmation. We played 3 games so far and token shortage hasn't been an issue yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark S

East Valley
Arizona
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The box also has a typo as it claims 45 pieces. I have 50.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.