Space Empires: 4X» Forums » Rules

Subject: Revealing Technology rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Barbapapa Barbapou
msg tools
mbmb
Hello,

9.9 The technology present on any ships in a battle is revealed at the start of combat.

Movement technology too? and Terraforming Technology too if there is a colony ships in the battle (automatically screened).

All Technologies from all ships in the battle?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niko
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
[This space is intentionally left empty]
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Barbapapa2014 wrote:
Hello,

9.9 The technoloy present on any ships in a battle is revealed at the start of combat.

Movement technology too? and Terraforming Technology too if there is a colony ships in the battle (automatically screened).

As per newest clarifications/errata all base game technologies except terraforming need to be revealed if the ships in the combat have them.
I recommend checking out the Replicator rules here: https://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/159278/replicator-rules as they have the newest errata and clarifications as well as a precise breakdown of the game flow on page 20 (not usually needed, but it is very good at answering even nitpicky questions)

Personally I still prefer to only reveal a subset of technologies though, e.g. not movement, tactics only if relevant. Stuff like that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barbapapa Barbapou
msg tools
mbmb
Ze_German_Guy wrote:
Barbapapa2014 wrote:
Hello,

9.9 The technoloy present on any ships in a battle is revealed at the start of combat.

As per newest clarifications/errata all base game technologies except terraforming need to be revealed if the ships in the combat have them.
I recommend checking out the Replicator rules here: https://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/159278/replicator-rules as they have the newest errata and clarifications as well as a precise breakdown of the game flow on page 20 (not usually needed, but it is very good at answering even nitpicky questions)

Personally I still prefer to only reveal a subset of technologies though, e.g. not movement, tactics only if relevant. Stuff like that.

Thank you again for your help

just one question:

I reveal the level of my movement technology according to the turn and the number of hexes I cross? or should I directly announce my real level of technology as soon as I move?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niko
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Barbapapa2014 wrote:
Ze_German_Guy wrote:
Barbapapa2014 wrote:
Hello,

just one question:

I reveal the level of my movement technology according to the turn and the number of hexes I cross? or should I directly announce my real level of technology as soon as I move?
When moving you do not announce what movement technology you have, though I find it courteous to let the other players know when I'm moving multiple hexes in a turn for the first time.
In the base game this is effectively announcing what level of movement tech you are using (not necessarily the one you have researched/equipped) so you might as well do that. In the expansions this is no longer true though as there are other ways to move faster.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barbapapa Barbapou
msg tools
mbmb
Ze_German_Guy wrote:
Barbapapa2014 wrote:
Ze_German_Guy wrote:
Barbapapa2014 wrote:
Hello,

just one question:

When moving you do not announce what movement technology you have, though I find it courteous to let the other players know when I'm moving multiple hexes in a turn for the first time.
In the base game this is effectively announcing what level of movement tech you are using (not necessarily the one you have researched/equipped) so you might as well do that. In the expansions this is no longer true though as there are other ways to move faster.

Ok Niko thank you again!

I play only with the basic game without any extensions.

Can you give me your opinion,knowing that I want to play the official rules for the basic game

To sum it all up:

a. Attack and defense Technology : It's only revealed during a Battle.

b. Tactics Technology : It's only revealed during a Battle if only it is
used

c. Ship Size Technology : Never revealed.

d. Ship Yard Technology : Never revealed.

e. Terraforming Technology : It's only revealed when you colonise a
barren planet.

f. Exploration technology : it's only revealed when you peek at one
unexplored system marker.

g. Movement Technology : It's only revealed if you are moving more than
one hex.(without indicating the level of
movement technology).

It's correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niko
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Barbapapa2014 wrote:
Ze_German_Guy wrote:
Barbapapa2014 wrote:
Ze_German_Guy wrote:
Barbapapa2014 wrote:
Hello,

just one question:

Ok Niko thank you again!

Can you give me your opinion,knowing that I want to play the official rules for the basic game

To sum it all up:

used

barren planet.

movement technology).

It's correct?
a) Correct

b) Needs to be revealed in combat, whether you use it or not

c) Correct

d) Correct

e) Correct

f) Revealed when you use it and during combat

g) Revealed when you use it and during combat
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barbapapa Barbapou
msg tools
mbmb
Ze_German_Guy wrote:
Barbapapa2014 wrote:
Ze_German_Guy wrote:
Barbapapa2014 wrote:
Ze_German_Guy wrote:
Barbapapa2014 wrote:
Hello,

just one question:

Ok Niko thank you again!

To sum it all up:

used

barren planet.

movement technology).

It's correct?
a) Correct

b) Needs to be revealed in combat, whether you use it or not

c) Correct

d) Correct

e) Correct

f) Revealed when you use it and during combat

g) Revealed when you use it and during combat

thank you for your patience!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niko
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No problem!
Also note that all techs are revealed at the end of the game obviously.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barbapapa Barbapou
msg tools
mbmb
Ze_German_Guy wrote:
No problem!

For the movement technology, Revealed when you use it and during combat... So for both cases the level is revealed too?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niko
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Barbapapa2014 wrote:
Ze_German_Guy wrote:
No problem!

For the movement technology, Revealed when you use it and during combat... So for both cases the level is revealed too?
During the movement phase you reveal what level you are using, not necessarily the maximum level equipped.
During combat you have to say what level of movement tech each group is equipped with.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barbapapa Barbapou
msg tools
mbmb
Ze_German_Guy wrote:
Barbapapa2014 wrote:
Ze_German_Guy wrote:
No problem!

During the movement phase you reveal what level you are using, not necessarily the maximum level equipped.
During combat you have to say what level of movement tech each group is equipped with.

It's because you live far from me in Canada otherwise I would have offered you a good Belgian beer!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.