Peter Gousis
United States
Ellicott City
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am not sure I get this rule. It says you move a medium straight ignoring all obstructions, but the next sentance says it can cause collisions. So which is it? Do you fly to the end then may cause a collision?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ferry Bazelmans
Netherlands
Tilburg
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mb
Sounds like a candidate for the FAQ, cause I think that may actually be an error. Might be worth addressing via the Facebook group, or the Gaslands forums.

Edit:
Actually, the FAQ implies the second sentence is right and you in fact *don't* ignore obstructions.

Q: If I FLIP as a result of a WIPE OUT, and this causes a COLLISION, and this causes another vehicle to gain its sixth HAZARD TOKEN, what happens?

A: If the activities of the WIPE OUT STEP result in another vehicle gaining its sixth hazard token, go ahead and immediately resolve a WIPE OUT for that vehicle during the same WIPE OUT STEP, in accordance with the Rule Of
Carnage.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Gousis
United States
Ellicott City
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for your answers to all my questions. Hopefully the designer will come here soon and confirm them all. Always nice to get official confirmation and I think all of these questions could go in the FAQ.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Hutchinson
United Kingdom
Canterbury
flag msg tools
designer
badge
MonkeyGoose wrote:
I am not sure I get this rule. It says you move a medium straight ignoring all obstructions, but the next sentance says it can cause collisions. So which is it? Do you fly to the end then may cause a collision?

Both are possible, hence the wording. Take a look at the below examples.

In A, the flip carries the vehicle to the end of the medium template. It's final position is not obstructed, and so it's movement is not interrupted.

In B, the flip carries the vehicle to the end of the medium template, where another vehicle is blocking it's placement into it final position. As it's it final position overlaps an obstruction, it's movement is interrupted. As per the paragraph on page 16:

If the vehicle can be placed at this position such that it does not overlap any obstruction (even one that it is ignoring), then this becomes the vehicle’s interrupted final position. Otherwise, move the active vehicle backwards along the maneuver template from this position until it is not overlapping any obstruction (even one that it is ignoring). This becomes the vehicle’s interrupted final position. The vehicle’s interrupted final position will always leave the vehicle touching an obstruction.

So the vehicle ends up at B2, touching a vehicle that it is ignore, and so not causing a collision. (Again, as per p16).

In C, the flipping vehicle can clear the vehicle it is ignoring, but following the rules on page 16 it ends up in contact with the other vehicle which it is not ignoring, and so causes a collision!

Hope that helps,
Mike

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Gousis
United States
Ellicott City
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Very helpful thanks. Just wanted to make sure. I like the cinimatic nature if the thing flying through the air. If there is no space to plce your car and you end up not moving, do yiu still crash with a vehicle you were in contact with at the beginning of the flip? I assume yes based on the rule of carnage.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Hutchinson
United Kingdom
Canterbury
flag msg tools
designer
badge
MonkeyGoose wrote:
Very helpful thanks. Just wanted to make sure. I like the cinimatic nature if the thing flying through the air. If there is no space to plce your car and you end up not moving, do yiu still crash with a vehicle you were in contact with at the beginning of the flip? I assume yes based on the rule of carnage.

No, because you are ignoring that vehicle. That's the same as example B above. In your scenario, you likely just finished resolving a collision with that vehicle anyway, so it would be duplicative (although more carnage).

Anyway, these are just the rules, if you want carnage I say YOU SHOULD HAVE CARNAGE.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Gousis
United States
Ellicott City
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry should have read example B more clearly. It makes sense now. Thanks for being responsive.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.