Barry Zimmerman
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
Holy Terror
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So, still love playing this and would love to see a reprint/redo somewhere. Is there any chance of that at all?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flying Arrow
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it's pretty unlikely.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Zimmerman
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
Holy Terror
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I find it hard to believe the creator wouldn't be willing to sell the rights or just make it possible to publish the content online.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ronald Estes
United States
La Vergne
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My copy has practically been played into oblivion. Nearly everybody who plays it wants to "borrow" it. I used to loan it out occasionally but not anymore. Too precious. If a second edition ever comes out (pretty please!), I'll probably snag five copies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
No Name
msg tools
Given the fact this game is not sold anymore, I wonder if there's any harm in downloading and printing it. My opinion is it should be legit, being no serious intention to publish it again. So, there you go.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
barryzimm wrote:
I find it hard to believe the creator wouldn't be willing to sell the rights or just make it possible to publish the content online.

At total risk of being "that guy" who says something and then credits an anonymous source thus bringing the validity of his statement into question (thank you journalism classes)...

This game came up in conversation recently when talking to a publisher in person. They said that a while back they had tried to acquire the rights to reprint Capes & Cowls and that the ownership rights were a huge stumbling block. It sounded like ownership was a little murky and despite their love for the game and strong desire to reprint it, they decided to stop pursing the issue.

I am in the camp of also loving to see a reprint. I'd even love to see some of the comics that have been mentioned online but I have no idea if they actually exist.

I think Capes & Cowls may remain a unicorn among grail games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flying Arrow
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think Robin Spriggs would prefer to see his game going for $400, as opposed to having it widely distributed and putting more money in his pocket.

I like the game a lot (still have it as my avatar, obviously), but I sold it years and years ago. I'd re-buy it if there were a reprint and would start thinking about it if current prices ever dropped below $100. But the way things are now, it's not even something I consider.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Egbert
United States
Woodbury
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've never played or know anyone who owns it. I'd love to see a reprint (realize it's unlikely) as it seems the only way I'll get to try this one. People seem to hold onto their copies with death grips.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flying Arrow
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
pekin2121 wrote:
I've never played or know anyone who owns it. I'd love to see a reprint (realize it's unlikely) as it seems the only way I'll get to try this one. People seem to hold onto their copies with death grips.

There are 3 copies for sale here in the marketplace. Super expensive, but you can get most of it back by re-selling it if you wish. Of course the risk is that a reprint is announced and the value drops by 75% overnight. Or maybe none is ever announced and the price eventually reaches 4 digits.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Egbert
United States
Woodbury
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
FlyingArrow wrote:
pekin2121 wrote:

There are 3 copies for sale here in the marketplace. Super expensive, but you can get most of it back by re-selling it if you wish. Of course the risk is that a reprint is announced and the value drops by 75% overnight. Or maybe none is ever announced and the price eventually reaches 4 digits.

I didn't notice the ones in the market place, yeah those are pricey. Thanks for the info. though. I'll just keep dreaming...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flying Arrow
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The price may actually be falling. I'm pretty sure there has been a $400 sale. Based on the unsold copies, market value right now might be $200-250. There would have to be an auction to find out I guess.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.