Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rich James
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Under rule I3, it says that "A player my transfer funds from their family to their family's firm at any time, but funds may not be freely transfered from the firm to the family."

And then under rule I4, at the end of the paragraph it says "Note: Except on the last turn, players can transfer money freely from their family to any firms to increase a firm's ability to keep up with public expectations."

Additionally, I4 allows a firm to exceed public expectations when paying a dividend.

I have these questions & observations then:
1. Players CAN transfer money from their family treasuries to their firm (or any firm) on the last turn, provided they are not doing it to help that firm meet public expectations, correct? They could, for example, transfer money to a firm during Family Actions on the last turn. So this seems to be saying that on the last turn a family cannot transfer its money to a firm during Trade. Otherwise, no problem transferring the money.

2. A firm can essentially return all its money to its owning family (assuming 100% ownership) simply by exceeding public expectations. However, that only would happen at the start of Trade.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cole Wehrle
United States
St. Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
badge
"Work as if you live in the early days of a better nation"
mbmbmbmbmb
arjisme wrote:
Under rule I3, it says that "A player my transfer funds from their family to their family's firm at any time, but funds may not be freely transfered from the firm to the family."

And then under rule I4, at the end of the paragraph it says "Note: Except on the last turn, players can transfer money freely from their family to any firms to increase a firm's ability to keep up with public expectations."

Additionally, I4 allows a firm to exceed public expectations when paying a dividend.

I have these questions & observations then:
1. Players CAN transfer money from their family treasuries to their firm (or any firm) on the last turn, provided they are not doing it to help that firm meet public expectations, correct? They could, for example, transfer money to a firm during Family Actions on the last turn. So this seems to be saying that on the last turn a family cannot transfer its money to a firm during Trade. Otherwise, no problem transferring the money.

2. A firm can essentially return all its money to its owning family (assuming 100% ownership) simply by exceeding public expectations. However, that only would happen at the start of Trade.

1. Good catch, the note in I4 should say Except during Trade on the last turn.

2. Yup.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.