Hide
5 Posts

Gloomhaven» Forums » Rules

Subject: Retaliate and kill credit rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dor Levi
msg tools
Does a character gain kill credit for a monster killed by retaliation damage from said character?

While this is not an actual attack, I know that pulling/pushing a monster into a damage trap *does* grant kill credit, so I wonder.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
michele c
Germany
Bielefeld
flag msg tools
I think yes, the character gets the credit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kornetmuse kornetmuse
France
flag msg tools
molejo wrote:
Does a character gain kill credit for a monster killed by retaliation damage from said character?

While this is not an actual attack, I know that pulling/pushing a monster into a damage trap *does* grant kill credit, so I wonder.

If it is one "direct action" that killed the monster then you gain the credit for.

Retaliation is a "direct action" (even if it is a reaction).
In the contrary, wound or poison are not direct actions but delayed actions so you won't get the credit for those.

Note that the "direct action" is my own wording for explaining the difference, not an official wording .

But, the explanation remains correct .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Johnson
United States
Cedar Falls
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
kornetmuse wrote:
Retaliation is a "direct action" (even if it is a reaction).
In the contrary, wound or poison are not direct actions but delayed actions so you won't get the credit for those.

Poison isn't a delayed action, and wouldn't kill anything on its own. It just makes the target a bit easier to kill by future actions.

But yes, poison isn't going to give you a "kill credit" unless you're also the one who deals the death blow via other "direct action"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kornetmuse kornetmuse
France
flag msg tools
JayJ79 wrote:
Poison isn't a delayed action, and wouldn't kill anything on its own. It just makes the target a bit easier to kill by future actions.

But yes, poison isn't going to give you a "kill credit" unless you're also the one who deals the death blow via other "direct action"

yeah but I prefer take this exemple too because some people could say, you killed the monster with the extra dammage my poison gives you so the kill is mine.

When I say deleyed action, I mean an effect that is not triggered immediatly. Like wound (start of each turn) poison(when an attack occurs).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.