Mike Bazynski
Poland
warsaw
mazowieckie
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
assume a monster has `attack 1, target 2, spend leaf: add target`

assume there are no targets for the attack at all for any of these monsters.

is the element spent after this group activates?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
michele c
Germany
Bielefeld
flag msg tools
Yes, it is.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Slawomir Stankowski
Poland
PoznaƄ
Wielkopolska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mhl7 wrote:
Yes, it is.

I don't agree.
The OP said there are no targets so no attack is possible. You cannot buff an action that is not performed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
michele c
Germany
Bielefeld
flag msg tools
SlawoS wrote:
mhl7 wrote:
Yes, it is.

I don't agree.
The OP said there are no targets so no attack is possible. You cannot buff an action that is not performed.

Yes, you might be right. I misread, I was thinking about "there is no extra target", but indeed there is "no target at all".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kornetmuse kornetmuse
France
flag msg tools
SlawoS wrote:
mhl7 wrote:
Yes, it is.

I don't agree.

that's true. I think michele read it to hasty and thought there was no other target.

It is like for gainin xp you must perform the action. Here to use the leaf he must perform at least one attack.

Note that if there were only one target, he would still use the leaf even if it does nothing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flo
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
The subject might be a bit misleading and therefore the confusion. If the action can't be executed then there will be no element consumption that modifies the action. But if the action will be executed then it (usually) doesn't matter what the element consumption results in, the element will be used.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.