Subject: Custom Investigator Randolph Carter rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: variants [+] [View All]
Eldritch Nyarlathotep
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
This is something I put together, available in the files section.

https://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/160407/randolph-carter-cu...

Edit: Randolph is based on someone's beautiful art of Michael Fassbender. I wanted a post-WWI mentally frail Randolph Carter.

Edit: Added all images from file.
Edit: Dream Key - Discovered Replaced with new image with corrected text.

I've used many custom things made by other users, so I thought I'd give back for once.

Hope you enjoy.

Also, I think it's neat how the new investigator preview for Carolyn Fern has the "Foolishness" Dream cat.

Edit: Image added

https://images-cdn.fantasyflightgames.com/filer_public/ca/f0...

Happy coincidence.

See this link if you haven't checked out the preview yet.
https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2018/2/23/to-figh...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Panagiotis
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
One who fully grasps Bayes' Theorem, yet remains in our universe to aid others, is known as a Bayesattva.
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks very professional. Maybe a tad overpowered? Also, while the art is impressive, he doesn't much have the appearance of a scholar antiquarian living in the 1920s.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon H
United States
Orion Township
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice art. I'd kind of expect that health and sanity to be flipped. Carter has experienced all of reality at once and faced down everything from graveyard ghouls to Yog-Sothoth himself.

eta: What is the trigger for the reaction ability on "Mysterious Key: Discovered"?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eldritch Nyarlathotep
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
CSerpent wrote:
Nice art. I'd kind of expect that health and sanity to be flipped. Carter has experienced all of reality at once and faced down everything from graveyard ghouls to Yog-Sothoth himself.

eta: What is the trigger for the reaction ability on "Mysterious Key: Discovered"?

As per reaction trigger, I guess it should say: "After you put in play, remove 1 doom token from any card." I can update that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eldritch Nyarlathotep
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
Pokeweed Mitogen wrote:
Looks very professional. Maybe a tad overpowered? Also, while the art is impressive, he doesn't much have the appearance of a scholar antiquarian living in the 1920s.

Even though Randolph was a scholar, he was also a dreamer. I get the sense that after the war, Randolph spent a great deal of time at home, lounging about trying to dream as he once did, failing miserably. Naturally, he would be comfortable, but not necessarily wearing a bathrobe like Luke Robinson.

My thinking with his power levels was that the number of weaknesses he had helped to balance him out more. Though I have considered dropping his stats further, to something like 4, 2, 1, 2. But if you play on standard or hard, that makes it much more difficult to succeed at tests.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eldritch Nyarlathotep
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
EldritchNyarlathotep wrote:
[q="CSerpent"]eta: What is the trigger for the reaction ability on "Mysterious Key: Discovered"?

Updated card now visible above. Corrected file submitted to files, but it may take a day or so for approval.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Conder
United States
O Fallon
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So many cats.. Perhaps somebody should make a cat investigator. Hmmm.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.