Snowdonia» Forums » General

Subject: Rolling Stock joke promo? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Randy Nguyen
United States
California
flag msg tools
One of the few promos/expansions I have for the game, but the trains in here seems wildly weird or unbalanced. Which is fine, but if it were then from my point of view it'll be more of a collector's kind of thing and won't ever see game play.

The Cocoa Loco is a lets you gain a temp worker by giving everyone else a chocolate or Easter egg. Ugh Pay to win?

Broomstick, cheap temp worker by paying cheap resources and then ditching it later?

not sure what to think of these two cards. Are they supposed to be in there for fun? I get the humor and jokes, but seems like it would really make the game imbalanced or are all the cards from the promo supposed to be in there at once? But i still fear that there's some cards better than others.

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aernout Casier
Netherlands
Nijmegen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rollandtwo wrote:
One of the few promos/expansions I have for the game, but the trains in here seems wildly weird or unbalanced. Which is fine, but if it were then from my point of view it'll be more of a collector's kind of thing and won't ever see game play.

The Cocoa Loco is a lets you gain a temp worker by giving everyone else a chocolate or Easter egg. Ugh Pay to win?

Broomstick, cheap temp worker by paying cheap resources and then ditching it later?

not sure what to think of these two cards. Are they supposed to be in there for fun? I get the humor and jokes, but seems like it would really make the game imbalanced or are all the cards from the promo supposed to be in there at once? But i still fear that there's some cards better than others.

Thanks!

My two cents:
Cocoa Loco = tongue in cheek. Also, having to constantly pay chocolate is not sth I would like to have to do.

Broomstick cannot be ditched.

I for one love how there is such a wide variety of trains, how each train works and can be seemingly overpowered (in certain situations). I am playing each scenario with each and keep falling in love with this design.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Clyne
England
Hazlemere
Bucks
flag msg tools
Empire of the Midnight Beard
mbmbmbmbmb
The idea is that you use whatever promos you feel will improve the game for the style of game you and your players want. That will vary from group to groups and possibly session to session.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.