BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Do It Yourself

Subject: Card Template For 9 on a Page rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Adam Pudliner
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
Hi! I am very new to inkscape and have used the 4 on a page template from Dining Table PNP. The template made it very easy to position cards for printing but I would like to print front and backs on a duplex printer with card stock. I am looking for a similar .svg template to layout the cards 9 to a page and have the fronts match up with the backs.

Thanks for any help/suggestions!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Schumann
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Since you're in the US, I'll assume you're using US Letter sized paper.

You can just barely fit 9 full sized cards (either US Poker or US Bridge size) on one sheet, and then only if your printer can print close enough to the edge. You cannot fit 9 European sized cards on one sheet of US letter (like in Dominion, for example) as they are too tall. You will not be able to have ANY separation between the cards vertically, so you should have a border on your cards, and a white border will show any wear less than a color. (I suppose a textured border would work, too, but that would be tricky to set up so that you can cut it properly.)

Also, you should know that nearly every consumer-grade printer, and many profession-grade ones, will have some rotation, along with some error in registration between front and back whether you print full duplex or turn the pages over and print the backs separately. This means a larger border than you might otherwise plan for.

Cut using the backs as guides so the card backs look more similar to each other. Use some kind of jig for cutting the cards so their sizes are extremely close to each other. Get a corner rounder.

I gave up on using a single sheet of cardstock because it's not durable enough for my taste, showing obvious signs of wear after just a few plays. But if you sleeve them, they should last quite a while.

I'll try to remember to post my 9-card Inkscape template - it has white borders with rounded corners on the mask that reveals the printable section.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Pudliner
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
Awesome! Thanks so much for the tips!

I have printed some a few things duplex and they turned out ok - not perfect but not too bad for my uses.

I will have to pick up a corner rounder though, that is a good idea.

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.