Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
12 Posts

Fields of Fire» Forums » Rules

Subject: Discrepancies between Rule Book and Player Aid Cards rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Stuart
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In the event of a discrepancy between Rule Book and Player Aid Cards presumably the Rule Book takes precedence?

One such example is the LAT Limitations Chart on the Player Aid Card, which indicates Fire Teams can't attempt to spot, contrary to s4.2.5 of the Rule Book
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Hey, you're touching my face...
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I might be crazy, but I think it's the opposite. Aid takes precedence. Don't remember where I read that though so take with a grain of salt.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stuart
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
joestin wrote:
I might be crazy, but I think it's the opposite. Aid takes precedence. Don't remember where I read that though so take with a grain of salt.


Hahaha! Flip of the coin then!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Fabbro
Canada
Coquitlam
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Stuart.

The player aids have a number of errors unfortunately, but I am pretty sure Fire teams can spot.

See https://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/10794683#10794683

Though this revolves around Assault Teams specifically, you can see from Ben's response that the intent is that Fire Teams and Assault Teams may spot.

No need for a coin flip!

Cheers!
Rob
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stuart
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Rob, that'll save me having to hunt for change down the back of the sofa!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
Abdullah Ibrahim - Water from an Ancient Well
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Blacksmith61 wrote:

See https://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/10794683#10794683

Though this revolves around Assault Teams specifically, you can see from Ben's response that the intent is that Fire Teams and Assault Teams may spot.



benhull wrote:
Fire Teams are allowed to spot, but not assault teams.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Holman
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Sphere wrote:
Blacksmith61 wrote:

See https://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/10794683#10794683

Though this revolves around Assault Teams specifically, you can see from Ben's response that the intent is that Fire Teams and Assault Teams may spot.



benhull wrote:
Fire Teams are allowed to spot, but not assault teams.


Later in the linked thread Ricky Gray clarifies:

Preacher wrote:
You are correct, Yani. Ben was simply wondering why it changed from allowing it in the 1st ed. to omitting it in the 2nd ed. There is no reason for the omission. It is being corrected for Vol II.

Thus, officially, assault teams CAN spot .

Best,
Ricky


And I believe that leaves us with the ruling that both Fire Teams and Assault Teams can spot (as stated in the 4.2.5). The play aid is in error.
4 
 Thumb up
0.25
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Fabbro
Canada
Coquitlam
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
PaulWRoberts wrote:
Sphere wrote:
Blacksmith61 wrote:

See https://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/10794683#10794683

Though this revolves around Assault Teams specifically, you can see from Ben's response that the intent is that Fire Teams and Assault Teams may spot.



benhull wrote:
Fire Teams are allowed to spot, but not assault teams.


Later in the linked thread Ricky Gray clarifies:

Preacher wrote:
You are correct, Yani. Ben was simply wondering why it changed from allowing it in the 1st ed. to omitting it in the 2nd ed. There is no reason for the omission. It is being corrected for Vol II.

Thus, officially, assault teams CAN spot .

Best,
Ricky


And I believe that leaves us with the ruling that both Fire Teams and Assault Teams can spot (as stated in the 4.2.5). The play aid is in error.


Yes... With apologies to Sphere, I should have probably quoted Ricky as well as Ben.
1 
 Thumb up
0.25
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ricky Gray
United States
Powder Springs
Georgia
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
To clarify, both Assault teams and Fire teams can spot.

Best,
Ricky
8 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stuart
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks all.

Does anybody know of any other necessary errata on the Player Aid cards?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Fabbro
Canada
Coquitlam
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Stu123 wrote:
Thanks all.

Does anybody know of any other necessary errata on the Player Aid cards?


Here's a few:

Offensive Hierarchy Table, first category check: Remove the word Pinned.

LAT Hierarchy Table: Under the "Fire Team Under Cover on US Occupied Card" category there is a redundant "Seek Cover" result. This should probably be something else.

Weapons Capability Chart: 40mm Grenade Launcher Line is messed up. Quick fix: use the Hand Grenade Line instead.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
Abdullah Ibrahim - Water from an Ancient Well
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
PaulWRoberts wrote:
Later in the linked thread Ricky Gray clarifies:

Preacher wrote:
You are correct, Yani. Ben was simply wondering why it changed from allowing it in the 1st ed. to omitting it in the 2nd ed. There is no reason for the omission. It is being corrected for Vol II.

Thus, officially, assault teams CAN spot .

Best,
Ricky

Ah, my thanks to you (and both Richard and Ricky!) for clearing that up. I followed the link, as I generally do in such cases, and actually did scroll down to see if Ben had added anything but didn't read the other posts.

I now recall that Ricky has been handling Q&A for the second edition, but haven't delved in yet and it wasn't top of mind. I'm afraid my P500 copy is still unpunched. Lt arrived at a bad time for me (actually a good time, but a bad time for taking on a complex new title). I'm looking forward to savoring it once I find time to do so properly.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.