Subject: Is there any talks about an expansion for this game? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brett Smith
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Really love this game and have played it ton, so like any game I love would like to see an expansion for it sometime down the road. I really think this might be Alexander Pfister best game and he has some amazing games.

And yes I totally get that the game has plenty in its current form to keep most people happy for a long time, I just simply have played it so many times I am wanting a little more added to it

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Moser
United States
Escondido
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cooked Books has been available for some time.

Mombasa: Cooked Books Mini Expansion
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Herrero
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Played with it the other day and will never play without it. Highly recommended if you love Mombasa.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Gast

Weyauwega
Wisconsin
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dmoser22 wrote:
Cooked Books has been available for some time.

Mombasa: Cooked Books Mini Expansion

Where can this be obtained in the US and for a reasonable price?

A couple people I play this game with feel book keeping is weak or too much effort for what it's worth so I am considering getting this to increase there enjoyment of the game and get them to explore book keeping more again.

For me book keeping is my favorite part of the game along with how the discard piles work.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
RyuSora
Brazil
Sao Paulo
Brazil
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I do think this is his best game too!

The has 2 very small expansions, another track and cooked books. I dont think you can find the optional track anywhere, but you can buy the cooked books on the geek market. Its a pretty nice addition to Mombasa.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MEECROB GoHeels wrote:

Where can this be obtained in the US and for a reasonable price?

You have to get your hands on this Deutscher Spielepreis 2016 Goodie Box . I think it is available in the geek market.

I own it, and I don't' think the $$ and effort required are worth it unless you're a completionist. I have never seen anyone use Majority bonus bookkeeper in our games; and the extra books are not as strong as they first seem. For reference, we score 20-30 points on the book track on average.

You must get involved with bookkeeping at least as much (or as little) as the other players to do well; this expansion doesn't change that.

And yes, this is surely Pfister's best game.

You can PnP the extra E track as there is no easy way to find it. A nice guy has put up the scans in the file section.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Sum
United Kingdom
Sutton coldfield
West midlands
flag msg tools
Well this was my number 1 but the cows got me and now GWT is my number 1
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.