7 Posts

Tiny Epic Kingdoms» Forums » Rules

Subject: Halfling tower alliance/Imp expansion/Hero Icon rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
James Rhys
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Already tried this on Heroe's Call forum, but I don't tend to get replies there, so...

1 - If halflings are in an alliance and have war towers in the allied regions, what happens if the halfling player patrols all their meeples out of those regions? Are they still allied, since the towers remain as halfling presence?

2 - Can Imps with lvl 3 magic (can expand into any unoccupied region) expand into a region with a tower, or is that considered occupied?

3 - Hero icon: in one thread it is reported that imps can't replace a hero meeple as the icon in the research text is for a normal meeple, not a hero meeple (whose icon has a box around it), and the same is implied for dark elves, death knights etc. In other threads, though, it's said that the normal meeple icon can be considered either hero or normal, but the hero icon can only be Hero, therefore allowing imps and dark elves etc. to affect heroes. This seems counter-intuitive, is there an official ruling on how these types of research abilities work?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laszlo Korossy
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, I'll take another crack at it!!

To me, the answer to both questions 1 and 2 lies in the manual's statements on p. 7 about "invading" a region with a war tower, and about being able to form alliances with a player by being in te same region as a war tower. Nothing is mentioned there about other meeples, so the implication is that moving into a territory with JUST a war tower in it is an invasion, and results in a war which can be resolved through an alliance. Even though
war towers don't count towards the two-meeple limit, that makes it very much seem that moving into regions with war towers is functionally the same as moving into regions with enemy meeples -- so "Yes" to 1, they stay allied; and "No" to 2, the Imps can't expand there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I would love to help, but TEK is my least-played TE game (I usually play 2 player with my wife, so a 4x game doesn't fit us super well).

I'd say korossyl's interpretation is correct.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Rhys
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, that matches our thinking on it, but it's good to hear it from elsewhere as well.

For the hero icon question, I'm hoping one of the designers is still monitoring the forum, an official ruling on this would be lovely. As we're playing it, the only race we've found that specifically mentions the hero icon and says that heroes can no longer be played is Nymphs, so for any other meeple mentions such as Imps replacing a hero meeple, we've treated it as the hero was killed but the hero goes back to the player's pool to be used again on next expand action.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laszlo Korossy
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
After having reviewed the TEKHC factions, I'm nowhere closer to an answer. My instinct is that it means a regular meeple, since there IS a hero meeple icon that's used elsewhere. But then looking at the level 3 ability, it would make little sense for it not to apply to hero meeples as well -- so then the icon would mean two different things on the same card? That makes no sense.

What's your thinking on it? Does one way feel better, more fair, or more sensible than the other? I don't have HC, so I don't have any real feel for the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Rhys
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We take the regular meeple symbol to mean any meeple, hero or otherwise, and the Hero meeple symbol to mean only the hero, that feels most fair and reasonable.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laszlo Korossy
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
AMarsReject wrote:
We take the regular meeple symbol to mean any meeple, hero or otherwise, and the Hero meeple symbol to mean only the hero, that feels most fair and reasonable.

Thanks! I'll keep that in mind for the future.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.