Popular Tags: [View All]
Jakub Kircun
United States
Woods Hole
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
According to the rules helicopters in a captured base hex (airbase or otherwise) roll on the appropriate table to determine the disposition of such units (step-loss and/or rebase). However a hex under a clearing marker (as would be appropriate for an airbase or urban hex) do not become captured until after a successful clearing roll. Does that mean that both enemy ground units (under a clearing marker) and friendly helicopter units can occupy the same hex? If so, cool! Also, can such helicopter units be used at full capacity, even supporting their own hex in any future attack, etc.

I realize the above situation should be rare (shame on the defending player shake), and that the helos should probably rebase at the first opportunity (to avoid step-losses).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph Shelton
United States
Renton
Washington
flag msg tools
kubaman wrote:
According to the rules helicopters in a captured base hex (airbase or otherwise) roll on the appropriate table to determine the disposition of such units (step-loss and/or rebase). However a hex under a clearing marker (as would be appropriate for an airbase or urban hex) do not become captured until after a successful clearing roll. Does that mean that both enemy ground units (under a clearing marker) and friendly helicopter units can occupy the same hex? If so, cool! Also, can such helicopter units be used at full capacity, even supporting their own hex in any future attack, etc.

I realize the above situation should be rare (shame on the defending player :shake:), and that the helos should probably rebase at the first opportunity (to avoid step-losses).
Yes, they can cohabitate under those circumstances. There are no rules saying they cannot continue to function normally.

You should probably take advantage of the exception in 6.5.1.2 that lets you rebase the instant an enemy unit enters the hex.

To keep things simple we should probably change that exception from may to MUST. I'll talk with Mitch about it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kev.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Read & Watch at www.bigboardgaming.com
revnye wrote:
kubaman wrote:

I realize the above situation should be rare (shame on the defending player shake), and that the helos should probably rebase at the first opportunity (to avoid step-losses).
Yes, they can cohabitate under those circumstances. There are no rules saying they cannot continue to function normally.

You should probably take advantage of the exception in 6.5.1.2 that lets you rebase the instant an enemy unit enters the hex.

To keep things simple we should probably change that exception from may to MUST. I'll talk with Mitch about it.

who was the developer on this game... I mean really... Ralph....stop developing in shorts.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph Shelton
United States
Renton
Washington
flag msg tools
hipshot wrote:
who was the developer on this game... I mean really... Ralph....stop developing in shorts.
But I look so sexy in shorts!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph Shelton
United States
Renton
Washington
flag msg tools
revnye wrote:

Had a chat with Mitch, he wants to go the hard route. If the Helicopters fly missions from the cohabitated hex, they are subject to ADF leaving. This is in addition to any ADF at the target of their mission.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.