Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
7 Posts

Food Chain Magnate» Forums » General

Subject: Drive-ins rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Richard Lea
United Kingdom
Leeds
County: West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmb
There doesn't seem to be an obvious way of distinguishing the restaurants on the board with drive-ins from the rest. In a long five-player game with quite a eateries being added to the game this can be a tad confusing - how do people like to indicate which ones have a drive-in facility?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amanda Zimmer
United States
Atlanta
GA
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
rplea wrote:
There doesn't seem to be an obvious way of distinguishing the restaurants on the board with drive-ins from the rest. In a long five-player game with quite a eateries being added to the game this can be a tad confusing - how do people like to indicate which ones have a drive-in facility?
The drive-in is only active if the player has a red-colored employee working that round.

I haven't had any issues keeping track of this--I just look around the table and see who has a red-colored employee working. (Similar to checking to see who has made burgers, etc that round.)
13 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Speer
United States
Fargo
North Dakota
flag msg tools
Gravity Falls
badge
Remember, reality is an illusion, the universe is a hologram, buy gold, bye!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
They only have drive throughs if the card is active.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russell White
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
iamzimmer wrote:
rplea wrote:
There doesn't seem to be an obvious way of distinguishing the restaurants on the board with drive-ins from the rest. In a long five-player game with quite a eateries being added to the game this can be a tad confusing - how do people like to indicate which ones have a drive-in facility?
The drive-in is only active if the player has a red-colored employee working that round.

I haven't had any issues keeping track of this--I just look around the table and see who has a red-colored employee working. (Similar to checking to see who has made burgers, etc that round.)


Adding onto this: The Drive-ins get added to ALL of your restaurants, not just the ones built by the local/regional managers. So there's never a case where only some of your restaurants have drive-ins. The phrasing in the original post makes it sound like this might be the mistake being made.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Lea
United Kingdom
Leeds
County: West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmb
Thanks for your answers. I had certainly overlooked the fact that all restaurants of the chain were affected, so the answer is clear.

As an aside, it's somewhat odd thematically that the drive-ins disappear every time the responsible manager is at the beach!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amanda Zimmer
United States
Atlanta
GA
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
rplea wrote:
As an aside, it's somewhat odd thematically that the drive-ins disappear every time the responsible manager is at the beach!

Ah yes. There are some other things that are weird if you think too literally about them (ie: the salary of an Executive VP is the same as a Junior VP, each day you have to throw out beer that you didn't sell, etc), but it not having to track all this realness makes the game overall easier to track.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derry Salewski
United States
Augusta
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
I'm only happy when it rains...
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
rplea wrote:
Thanks for your answers. I had certainly overlooked the fact that all restaurants of the chain were affected, so the answer is clear.

As an aside, it's somewhat odd thematically that the drive-ins disappear every time the responsible manager is at the beach!


quite a few things that, if not managed and looked after properly, will shut down your drive in!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.