Subject: Storage Core thru to Wave 6 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
M H
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have Waves 1 thru 6 and I'm currently painting the minis

I bought Twin Shadows and Hoth used and they didn't come with their boxes, up until now I've been storing everything in sandwich bags in the core box, but now that I'm painting the mini's I don't want to do that anymore for fear that they will get dinged up

I know that Go7 and Broken Token have solutions for the Core Box but it seems they only hold up to wave 4, which will leave my Bespin and Hoth expansions without storage

This seems to also be the case with Battlefoam with only solutions for Waves 1 thru 4 in the 432 Bag

Any ideas/recommendation for all-in storage? Plano? Do I suck it up and buy a new copy of Hoth so I can get G07 IA1 and IA3 organizers? I can maybe paint up my current Hoth copy and sell it to offset the cost a bit
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a multi-box storage:
- Core Set: stores tiles, plano box of bits, extra large minis.
- Hoth set: cards
- Twin Shadows: Rebel figures
- Bespin: Imperial figures
- Jabba's Realm: random left overs I haven't quite fit yet
- Heart of the Empire: not used yet (probably more miniatures)

I have egg foam in the "figure" boxes to separate all the figures nicely, so the paint won't chip. If you don't want to get the boxes, due to buying used, Battlefoam is probably the better way to go. Get one of their bags and plan the foam out to hold all you need.

-shnar
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Forsetius
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I use Feldherr that fits very nicely in the boxes:

https://www.feldherr.net/?ActionCall=WebActionArticleSearch&...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary McCloskey
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I use KR Multicase aluminum case and their foam. Works nice but it is kinda pricey but it is worth it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M H
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My FLGS carries battle foam ... was thinking of the shield bag or the sword bag or maybe the eco box

Does anyone know if either of those will be able to hold what i own with maybe a bit of room for growth? I could just keep the rest of the game in the core box i suppose
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Dennis
United States
Waterloo
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Friendly advice. Apologies if I come across as too blunt!

As a miniatures guy, I am flabbergasted by the amount of cash people sink into storage. I have the core set and several figure packs fully painted knocking around in a Plano tackle box. After years worth of wear and tear, no paint has chipped or parts have ever broken (except for a Probe Droid which broke off the base once and was easily glued back on).

I guarantee you will have more paint rub off or fiddly bits break using foam. Just paint them, coat with clear varnish, and throw them in a box where they won’t get shaken around too much. Save your money for more models.

And if your models aren’t painted, spend your money on commission work instead!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
The next Total Solar Eclipse holiday in 2024 in USA? See you there!
mbmbmbmbmb
macgowan wrote:
I have the core set and several figure packs fully painted knocking around in a Plano tackle box.

Like this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.