Subject: Questions from a rookie rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
JC
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi warfighters,
I bought this amazing game and I don’t regret it.
I have done several game session, only solo in the jungle.
I still have some questions which I think are not answered in this forum.

1- I know your soldiers can have more than one suppress token, but can you get multiple of this token in just one turn or does it work like hostile supress token where they only get one per target? In other words, if you are attacked by 5 hostiles in the same turn and you get 5 suppress do you just add one or five to your soldier?

2- If you medevac one of your soldier you have to recalculate the ressources but do you remove the ressources from his gear and weapon too? I think you don’t has they stay in the battlefield

3- when you use action card like steady aim, is it a one shot action or does it last the entire soldier turn for your soldier?

4- how many xp do you have to spent when you want to upgrade the action card when there is two bracket in the text : ie one for [any soldier] and one for [4]? I guess it s just one.

5- in the V3 rules version, it is said that every objectives are considered as locations even mission card. So if I draw an event which add more entrance to the next location and the next card is the objective, the entrance of the objective is increased?

6- when the action card says [any soldier] (for example Move out) and you choose to do so, is this action available for all soldier or just one soldier that you choose and who is not the active soldier. I know it sounds weird but that s confused me a lot.
Basically you can spent an xp to virtually change the owner of the card?

Thanks in advance.

JC

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Ball
United Kingdom
Nr Grantham
Lincs
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
1- I know your soldiers can have more than one suppress token, but can you get multiple of this token in just one turn or does it work like hostile supress token where they only get one per target? In other words, if you are attacked by 5 hostiles in the same turn and you get 5 suppress do you just add one or five to your soldier?

Soldiers can be given as many suppression as occur in a turn, Hostile can only have up to their reticules minus any EKIA

2- If you medevac one of your soldier you have to recalculate the ressources but do you remove the ressources from his gear and weapon too? I think you don’t has they stay in the battlefield

This is one of the difficult ones. I play it just the soldier's RP removed, but this can cause problems if he was a NPS who leaves behind an expensive weapon.

3- when you use action card like steady aim, is it a one shot action or does it last the entire soldier turn for your soldier?

Steady Aim is one firing of the weapon but if in Auto that would be 3 shots!

4- how many xp do you have to spent when you want to upgrade the action card when there is two bracket in the text : ie one for [any soldier] and one for [4]? I guess it s just one.

My understanding is that one Xp unlocks all brackets even if not used

5- in the V3 rules version, it is said that every objectives are considered as locations even mission card. So if I draw an event which add more entrance to the next location and the next card is the objective, the entrance of the objective is increased?

Correct, just as if it adds or subtracts hostiles due to a previous location.

6- when the action card says [any soldier] (for example Move out) and you choose to do so, is this action available for all soldier or just one soldier that you choose and who is not the active soldier. I know it sounds weird but that s confused me a lot.
Basically you can spent an xp to virtually change the owner of the card?

As you say you spend the Xp to allow it to be used by another soldier and only one soldier. I had considered as a variant the card Take Cover 1Xp to play and another for any soldier. But if attacked by a All result I thought play one extra Xp per extra soldier. ie we are fired at by a tank the PS screams take cover and spends 4xp for everyone to get down (just an idea).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JC
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cheers Peter for theses answers and variants you propose.
I am looking forward to put my hands on the two expansions I have just ordered.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Ball
United Kingdom
Nr Grantham
Lincs
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I have both Warfighter SF and Warfighter WWII with all the adds on. I now tend to play more WWII as you can be so many different Nations (Germans, Russians, Poles, Brits, US) and with Wave 2 coming soon adding Japanese, French, US Marines. Though in the last 6 months have been play testing Warfighter Vietnam another excellent edition to the Warfighter genre.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JC
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I also like WWII theme. But it will be too expensive to buy it right now for me 😀
I have just dived into the Warfighter awesomness.
Warfighter Vietnam sounds great !!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Vietnam will definitely be a buy for me. I got plenty of miniatures for that one. The sci-fi one interests me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.