Subject: Games with less than 5 players scaling rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Zed Lovecraft
Germany
Duesseldorf
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I’m confused on how to increase the timeline when playing with less than 5 players. For instance all the jobs state “+10 with fewer than 4 crew”. Is this a misprint and should mean “...fewer than 5 crew”?

So for example, fewer than 4 is 3 players. The rule book instructs to increase the timeline by two segments (means +20).

When playin with 4 players the rules instruct to add one segment.

Thanks for any advice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Starr
msg tools
mb
I wouldn't be surprised if it's a misprint, as these jobs feel like they were rushed more than the rulebook, and feel like they were written by someone else. It may explain why they only had 4 jobs available.

Though unless we get an official answer (maybe send this to them so they put it in the FAQ?) I would treat the jobs rules as superseeding the general rules. Perhaps they tested it and found they recommend 5, but 4 is okay as well, and after that you need to add time. Since it says that for all 4 jobs.

However it also doesn't say +10 for each fewer crew, just +10 for anything under 4... makes no sense...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Wright
msg tools
I think the rule on the jobs us in addition to the ones in the book. 5 crew x40 time =200 4 crew x50time is 200 3 crew x60 time is 180 so you need to add an extra time card to balance ut out especially since the 3 crew would have a lot more ground they would have to cover.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.