Subject: Taking an action when there's no character token. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
pansonic
United States
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If there are no more character tokens left on the board, you cannot take the corresponding action, right? For instance, I can't do University if there are no gray guys left?

Also, we ran out of money last night in a 2 player game. Is this common?

Thank you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christy Love
msg tools
mbmb
Yes, if there are no more character tokens then that action can no longer be taken. This is one of the few times you wish a plague would appear and someone be forced to sacrifice the worker you need.

Yes, I've had games in which we ran out of money. I think initially everyone thought money was finite but designer chimed in and said it was infinite and to use replacements. You should be able to find more threads about that discussion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
pansonic
United States
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
getchristylove wrote:
This is one of the few times you wish a plague would appear and someone be forced to sacrifice the worker you need.

Yes, I know exactly what you mean.
Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Mulholland
United Kingdom
Mirfield
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
I really like squid.
badge
I really like squid.
mbmbmbmbmb
pansonic wrote:
If there are no more character tokens left on the board, you cannot take the corresponding action, right? For instance, I can't do University if there are no gray guys left?

Also, we ran out of money last night in a 2 player game. Is this common?

Thank you.

When teaching I tend to tell people to complete an action you have to be able to move along the track, and take a worker. If you can't do both of these things, you can't do the action.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.