Eldritch Horror» Forums » Rules

Subject: epic monstere with one or more investigators rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
john Parkinson
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
when I have two investigators on a space with an epic monster that has a investgators icon +2 for strength.
1. if 2 investigators attack him does he add all strength of investigators plus 2 or just the first investigator plus 2?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Probst
Germany
Kiel
Schleswig Holstein
flag msg tools
Investigator icon +x is generally just for their Toughness ("hit points"), and it uses the "game setting" for number of investigators, does not matter if they are on its space or not.

(Same would go for any other stat that may have such a listing, but I don't know any enemy offhand that does)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
john Parkinson
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
tulzscha epic monster say toughness is equal to investigator (which is a icon) +2

so if I have an investigator with strength of 3 and another investigater on same spot with strength of 2 is the epic monster strength 3+2+2?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
john Parkinson
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
sorry I mean toughness for all quotes of strength in above posts

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nigel Buckle
United Kingdom
Thornton Heath
Croydon
flag msg tools
designer
NSKN are publishing my next game :)
badge
Omega Centauri Published in 2014
mbmbmbmbmb
Investigator icon means number of investigators in the game (so a 4 player game with one investigator each = 4, 3 player game with 2 each = 6). Nothing to do with strength of the individual investigators.

So with 4 investigators a monster with toughness = (icon +2) in this case = toughness 6.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
john Parkinson
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
ah wow thanks I was so confused thanks for helping out. I can now get back to the game and not look out of the window at all the snow, dreading taking the daughter to school tomorrow
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.