Matt D
United States
Peachtree corners
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Not sure if this is the appropriate venue (they're a publisher, not a retailer, but who knows). But I'm wondering if anyone has any idea how asmodee.net works or is supposed to work.

In a way, this is sort of a plea for help for my issue. But I also really wonder why a company that is doing it's very best to become the only source of games in the world by devouring every other company doesn't have the ability to have a basic functioning website. Especially when several of the companies it gobbled had perfectly functioning ones before they shut them down.

Asmodee.net claims to be a site that you can use to access your content and various other things, but it looks like it's a barren wasteland. The only functionality seems to be self-fulfilling - how to login and access it. There doesn't appear to be any way to access content, or register games, etc.

There are forums, but the only posts in the past year appear to be from a few spammers selling human growth hormone. Nothing about, well, actual games.

It's like someone at Asmodee said "We need to have a website" and someone else said "Ok" and made something with whatever downloadable distribution was available, made a bunch of forums, and then went to sleep and has yet to awake.

My specific situation:
I had a Days of Wonder account where I registered the DoW games I bought (TTR, SW, etc) from the slips that came in the game. Great. That was converted into an Asmodee.net account as Asmodee swallowed up anything and everything it could find.

Unrelated (or at least, it was when I did it before Asmodee got hungry), I purchased Talisman on iOS when it came out a while ago, and the first few expansions. I recently bought a humble style package that included Steam keys for all of it. What I can't find is any way at all to link Steam keys to my Asmodee.net account, or activate the DLC on my iOS device. I was told it should all be cross-platform.

Does anyone have any idea how this might work?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seriously, turn off Facebook. You'll be happier.
United States
Riva
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmb

All their programmers have been sent out into the world to purchase other companies. It's a staffing issue.

S.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.