14 Posts

Rising Sun» Forums » General

Subject: Do sleeved cards fit the inserts rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
lan lan
msg tools
mbmbmb
Quick question for anyone sleeving their cards, do they still fit the plastic inserts?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
RavenMad
Australia
South Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nope - at least, not with FF Premium sleeves. Super annoying - what's the point of molded inserts for such a $$ game if it doesn't fit sleeved cards???
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
lan lan
msg tools
mbmbmb
Ouch thanks for the answer now I am at crossroads here on what to do

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
RavenMad
Australia
South Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I still sleeved and wrapped up each deck in Hugo's Magic Tape. All cards still fit the two boxes just not in their dedicated spot in the insert.

It's a temporary solution until a 3rd party insert comes along (which will likely cost me an arm and a leg to get it shipped to Australia cry )
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Pechanec
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No they don't fit. I just put the different decks in baggies and store them under the trays for the monsters in the void space.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rosen Crantz
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Surely there will be an insert for this from Broken Token and Go7Gaming that will fit sleeved cards. But probably not until the game goes to retail.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Miller
United States
Logan
UT
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

A question as old as time haha. A song as old as rhyme laugh

Adrian_vN wrote:
Nope - at least, not with FF Premium sleeves. Super annoying - what's the point of molded inserts for such a $$ game if it doesn't fit sleeved cards???

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Fricke
United States
Covington
Louisiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
evening_chaos wrote:
No they don't fit. I just put the different decks in baggies and store them under the trays for the monsters in the void space.

This is what I did too. I don't sleeve many games at all, only the special ones so this was worth it. But honestly just putting them in baggies on the side works just fine and everything fits ok.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Staples
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
evening_chaos wrote:

Same here. Works fine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
lan lan
msg tools
mbmbmb
baggies are sleeves for cards right? heh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shan Rievan
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmb
A kitten dies whenever they design an insert that doesn’t even fit sleeved cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lou Lessing
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Honestly, the insert for Rising Sun isn't good enough to use unmodified.

It can't handle sleeved cards. It only barely holds unsleeved cards, there's too many season cards to store in one well unless you store them sideways, so either you split them up and have nowhere for mandates or they have to stick out half a cards-width and bump into stuff and risk falling out of the tray. It doesn't store the player boards, rings, kami shrines, or any tokens like Provinces, Coins, or Ronin. It puts every clan's strongholds in a different box than the clan. You have to take apart the flags to put them back in. It's impossible to fit really anything more than what came in each box in the box, either -- if you use the original trays, unmodified, for everything, Rising Sun KS Edition + Expansion is a 5-box game.

That's not really an option IMO. If you're going to try to get any use out of the original inserts, you can throw out the ones that store things other than the relatively-fragile minis and cut the others down to a more manageable size. I think you could fit everything in the two big boxes if you did that.

If you just throw everything in bags, you can squeeze it all into the base box, but, that's sorta disorganized and might end up damaging fragile parts like swords and spears.

I've got a bunch of little cardboard jewelry boxes I'm using for the eight clans to store all their player components. I'm thinking about maybe some kinda foamcore tray for the monsters?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As I posted in one of the other thr ads, I just cut off that part of that insert and bagged the sleeved cards. Lots of room for other stuff that way, but I still stuffed stuff under the minis in the big minis box. I have not added any of the expansions, but the Daimyo Box should hold the rest, split with the main box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maurice Oksman
United States
Hartsdale
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
"A question as old as time." Lol

Yeah, I'm still surprised that a lot companies still make their mold inserts unable to accommodate most* sleeves. It's like, who's going to be more annoyed?

1. The people who DON'T sleeve not having their their cards flush in the insert?

OR

2. The OCD freaks (me included) who sleeve their cards not being able to use the intended insert.

Lol—Clearly one of those demographics is more obsessive than the other—so why not just make the card slots a bit bigger to accommodate most* sleeves? Worst case scenario, group 1 will have a little extra space annoying them when they put their cards back in the insert.

*I say 'most' as the FFG sleeves are pretty tall. All I want is for stock inserts to accommodate at least a couple of the standard sleeve sizes from major distributors (FFG, Mayday, BCW, SwanPanAsia, Ultra-Pro, etc...).

Anyway—not that big of deal—just agreeing.

In terms of a solution, if you have a 3D printer, I just saw a very cool insert made by user peloquin17 here: https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1939445/base-insert-finishe...

Seems to only be the base game Insert thus far, but I can assume him or someone else might continue the rest on thingiverse. I'm pretty sure it can accommodate sleeves based on the amount of space—but I just asked to double check, since his cards in the picture are not sleeved.

And for those who don't have a 3D printer, you can check out here:
https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1945512/my-rising-sun-inser...

One of my main goals was to accommodate sleeved cards while keeping most of the original insert—In fact, I bet I would have never done this if the sleeved cards fit lol

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.