6 Posts

Gloomhaven» Forums » General

Subject: Geek market purchases? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
chris Tottey
msg tools
Hi all

I'm not overly familiar with the geek market but I have looked into purchasing gloomhaven from a seller and have been given the details..

Is this the norm? Or is this risky seeing he just wants a straight to account transaction?

Regards

Chris

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron S
United States
Ventura
California
flag msg tools
I don't remember what I ate last night
badge
but I can spout off obscure rules to all sorts of game like nobody's business!
mbmbmbmbmb
Not sure, but posting that guy's bank account information publicly seems like a bad idea.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
j ribs
msg tools
mb
Yeah you need to hide that bank info.

It also looks super sketchy, I would never send money straight to a random dudes account without having the product. He can just walk away with that money and you have no protection.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bernardo Gonzalez
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've bought a ton of stuff through the geek market, and sold other. Had one issue once, but it was a delivery clusterf... from both sides. At the end everything got resolved. As I see it, in this case, the only difference is that he/she wants you to send the money through the bank, or you pay the paypal fees. I would say that's ok, tomato/tomatoe. It is your call at the end of the day. Be aware that the buyers pays for delivery by default, which can be a huge chunk for a game of this size. I once bought a 5 dollar item, which I ended up paying ~14 for delivery. Thus, do not assume and ask questions, and be explicit. If you have any question message the buyer and talk through it, people here are quite friendly and she/he will try to guide you through the purchase.

Edit: mmm reading it again.. the only problem here is that by not doing it through the market he/she is skipping the 3% that he needs to pay to BGG, that's wrong, and can ban his account. On that side, I would be weary.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chris Tottey
msg tools
Thanks is guys.

I didn't realise the bank details where on there, I just thought it was the message. My mistake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Vinyard
United States
Las Cruces
NM
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There are enough flags raised that I wouldn't do the deal unless I went through PayPal.

Also, make sure you send the money via goods purchased, not via friends and family.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.