Subject: That's all folks! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: kickstarter [+] amateur_hour [+] [View All]
Ken H
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mb
And the fat lady has sung. Palladian Books screws their backers and blames the world!

Update #217: Robotech® RPG Tactics™ Announcement from Kevin Siembieda, President of Palladium Books® https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/rrpgt/robotech-rpg-tact...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Wolve
Malaysia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is a shame they lost the entire IP. Well, it was fun while it lasted. At least there is options for refund or replacement, unlike some other KS...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Riddle

Oklahoma
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
um, no, just a replacement of funds with Wave 1 and you pay shipping

(or did I read it wrong)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Peterson
United States
Normal
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dwolve wrote:
Is a shame they lost the entire IP. Well, it was fun while it lasted. At least there is options for refund or replacement, unlike some other KS...

A shame? I'm guessing this whole debacle has a lot to do with it. A lot of Robotech fans have been soured on the IP because of the mismanagement of this Kickstarter, myself included.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Riddle

Oklahoma
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
same, I love Robotech, but just ... now after this
i've waited and waited, but not cool
anyone creating a lawsuit?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Finamore
United States
Wayne
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
scout13 wrote:
same, I love Robotech, but just ... now after this
i've waited and waited, but not cool
anyone creating a lawsuit?

Possibly: https://www.facebook.com/groups/510264239170789/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Finamore
United States
Wayne
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
scout13 wrote:

(or did I read it wrong)

You are correct. You can now give them extra money to send more of the products you already have for a flat lined game system as recompense for the funds you spent on products you actually wanted and will never get.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Low Visibility

Long Beach
California
msg tools
mbmb
scubadawg1 wrote:
dwolve wrote:

A shame? I'm guessing this whole debacle has a lot to do with it. A lot of Robotech fans have been soured on the IP because of the mismanagement of this Kickstarter, myself included.

Hopefully their loss of the IP and the buzz around a possible movie might allow a more responsible and competent gaming company to take over the IP and produce something we can enjoy.

It is disappointing not to get items like a giant tuna and Max's Veritech in a Zentradi uniform. Then again, given that the sprue placement could only have been done by a person that revels in the suffering of others, maybe it is for the best.

I had very much wanted Robotech/Macross miniatures, so I am still happy to at least have some (and one day I will finish assembling them). And, despite what I feel is a lackluster trade in value for the missing items, we are at least getting some compensation. So, although I certainly regret backing a Showdown pledge with some extras, and I have stopped buying any Palladium products, I am still glad the Kickstarter happened.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Litchfield
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Wonder if people will start unloading this like crazy on eBay now. I missed the kickstarter for this sadly. Wish I could get my hands on a Max Sterling valkyrie now but looks like I'm SOL. soblue

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian M
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A lot stuff we already pretty much knew confirmed...wave 2 is never delivering. They were actually out of money after wave 1. Kevin still refuses to take any responsibility.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken H
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mb
zarathud wrote:
scout13 wrote:

(or did I read it wrong)

You are correct. You can now give them extra money to send more of the products you already have for a flat lined game system as recompense for the funds you spent on products you actually wanted and will never get.

Don't forget the value PB assigns to that dead product is higher the retail is clearancing them at.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian M
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Musketeer_Ken wrote:
zarathud wrote:
scout13 wrote:

(or did I read it wrong)

Don't forget the value PB assigns to that dead product is higher the retail is clearancing them at.

Hell, the amount they'll charge you for shipping is probably going to be higher than current retail clearance prices.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken H
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mb
Also don't expect the IP to go anywhere. Harmony Good looks like it has to stop beating a dead horse by 2021 when their rights expire.

Let us hope true Macross makes it here then.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Shellito
United States
Hollister
California
flag msg tools
designer
no, not the Hollister on the tee shirts. that place does not exist.
badge
Ia! Ia! Shub-Niggurath! The Black Goat of the Woods with a Thousand Young!
mbmbmbmbmb
Not the slightest bit surprised, and of course, rather than refund, Kevin is asking for more money.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Noel
United States
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Badger242 wrote:
Not the slightest bit surprised, and of course, rather than refund, Kevin is asking for more money.

His hand is forever held out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick v. Nooij
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Likely the end for Palladium Books, or so I hope.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Thornton
Australia
Edgeworth
Australia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So they claim that the remaining components for my Showdown pledge comes to $52.94 which consists of 2 Rick Hunters ( 6 minis), 2 Roy Fokkers (6 minis), 6 Gnerls, 2 Miriyas, 6 Male Power armour, 4 super valks (12 minis), 6 female power armours, 4 lancers, & 4 ghost drones.

But if I were to buy those, at their prices, it'd cost over $300

shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken H
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mb
I notice in Kevin’s breakdown he only addresses the actual KS pledge money and never mentions the money which came in after the campaign closed via the backer kit.

For those looking to sue via class action, you will not get anything. You would almost certainly win but there is nothing left to recoup and what you would get would be devoured by the up front costs for lawyers and forensic accountants. Just focus on making PB’s continues existence miserable at every turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Peterson
United States
Normal
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Benzy311 wrote:
So they claim that the remaining components for my Showdown pledge comes to $52.94 which consists of 2 Rick Hunters ( 6 minis), 2 Roy Fokkers (6 minis), 6 Gnerls, 2 Miriyas, 6 Male Power armour, 4 super valks (12 minis), 6 female power armours, 4 lancers, & 4 ghost drones.

But if I were to buy those, at their prices, it'd cost over $300

shake

I suspect that's the best they could come up with after talking to their lawyers to stave off lawsuits....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis McCarthy
United States
Idelwylde
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
StormKnight wrote:
Musketeer_Ken wrote:
zarathud wrote:
scout13 wrote:

(or did I read it wrong)

Hell, the amount they'll charge you for shipping is probably going to be higher than current retail clearance prices.

These "clearance prices" of which you speak... Where are you finding them?

I'm still seeing the offers they are making as being a little bit better.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian M
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Brutilus wrote:
StormKnight wrote:

Have you actually seen a quote on what they want for shipping? I haven't (nor will I be since I'll be demanding a refund rather than the credit) but I'm assuming it will be quite pricey, because...well, because Palladium.

I don't know if there's any clearance stuff left at this point actually. Last time I saw them in a store it was really, really discounted.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken H
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mb
Brutilus wrote:
StormKnight wrote:
Musketeer_Ken wrote:
zarathud wrote:
scout13 wrote:

(or did I read it wrong)

You are correct. At present PB is a tad bit lower than the Miniatures Market prices. They are still higher than my local shop. That said if you order enough frI m Miniature Market you get free shipping.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morgan Vening
Australia
flag msg tools
Musketeer_Ken wrote:
I notice in Kevin’s breakdown he only addresses the actual KS pledge money and never mentions the money which came in after the campaign closed via the backer kit.

For those looking to sue via class action, you will not get anything. You would almost certainly win but there is nothing left to recoup and what you would get would be devoured by the up front costs for lawyers and forensic accountants. Just focus on making PB’s continues existence miserable at every turn.

I think most people are aware that any litigation is unlikely to result in much, if any recompense for backers.

And I think most backers seeking litigation don't care. One of the things that some backers I've talked to find most objectionable, is that Kevin has taken no responsibility for this, and seems content to just walk away, his job done, and his company otherwise unaffected. Though given the numbers declared, there's something funny going on with the accounting that may be potentially criminal.

That's what the lawsuit would be about. Less about recompense, and more about being punitive. And given that Kevin hasn't shown any remorse (at least to backers), I find that rage understandable.

As long as people are aware of that, and there's no implied expectation of much, if any, repayment, then let the lawyers eat it all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Noel
United States
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Musketeer_Ken wrote:

Kevin's numbers don't add up.
What really happened to the money won't be known without a lawsuit.
If there was criminal activity, it won't be known without a lawsuit.
If there is money left and Kevin is looking to keep it, that won't be known without a lawsuit.
Palladium will get away essentially with fraud without a lawsuit.

So, for some, it isn't about recouping value. It is about closure and seeking to ensure consequences to actions are effected.
Accepting their deal absolves them of what they owe you. They are literally going to send you their worthless garbage (that you will not be able to sell), charge you even more for it and make you powerless to hold them accountable. What's not to like about that in Kevin's eyes?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emperors Grace
United States
Rexford
New York
flag msg tools
Hello!
badge
All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost;The old that is strong does not wither,Deep roots are not reached by the frost.
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, that just fantastic.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.