Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Heath
Australia
Crafers
South Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In Jim Burnett's Flat Top Gamemastered rules on p27 of General 19.6, it states:

3.6 A player will state in orders for each AF, TF, base & independent ship the report numbers for conditions 1 & 2 (as in regular rules Section 7).

Section 7 of the regular rules is Observation, and includes the rules for the various Condition Numbers of what the observing player is told when they see an AF or TF from an observing unit.

I just don't understand what this rule is trying to say. Can anyone please enlighten me?

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Bukata
United States
Amherst
New York
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Pi-Shu
mbmbmbmbmb
I have not yet played the game and I am only a few pages into the rules themselves but the conditions are basically the amount of intelligence gained.

Condition 1 essentially states that "something is there"

Condition 2 essentially states quantity of Air Factors (AF) and Task Forces (TF) (Task forces basics are that only one Aircraft Carrier can be in each TF). It also gives amounts of ships +/- 50% or so...

Condition 3 gives more exact information.

And since the game is played with the game master giving the intelligence reports to each player that should explain what they mean in what you wrote?

I hope that helps answer your question?

-Dave

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lane Taylor
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The idea is that the players (not the GM) is sending AFs out to search for TFs.

As part of the orders, the players need to have actions (contingencies) for what the conditions are.
Written orders would be something like this:
Quote:
Condition 1: Don't break radio silence, continue to observe/shadow until condition 2 or better.

Condition 2: Report back numbers and continue to shadow. Maintain radio silence and only report back every 3 hours. Break off shadowing if attacked.

Or something similar. Note that the QM mastered rules are pretty good about differentiating between GM actions/responsibilities, and player actions/responsibilities, so keep that in mind, and the context might make more sense for some of these rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Heath
Australia
Crafers
South Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah thanks guys.
That makes sense now Lane.

Cheers!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.