Hide
6 Posts

Dice Throne: Season Two» Forums » General

Subject: Season 1 remastered to match Season 2? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Edgar Runner
msg tools
While reading the FAQ and comments on the KS campaign I'm a bit confused on several points:

- Do material really change between S1 and S2? Up to the point people are asking about a possible remastered edition of S1.

- Why do a chest box that can contain only S2 + 2 hearoes max or S1? Sounds like there will be part of a game in the chest and a part lost in a half empty box. What's the point? It looks like they had a certain size boxes in there hand and needed to recycle them. Usually these kind of boxes can accomodate all the game + Exp + future Exp + my neighbour's dog.

- Not having the S1, should I go for the S2 only and wait for a possible matching remaster of S1? I guess S2 can be play on its own.

- Surely the playmat look bad at the moment and even though it will be totally different, it doesn't give a hint of what it can add to the game. It looks only like it will add mats to a shelf.
Imagine you want to play characters from S1 and S2, you'll have 2 non-matching mats. Or you'll have to cut them in half to get the half you need.

Anyway, what pledge should I go for knowing that I love when a game is consitent between parts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Phelan
United States
Lake Waukomis
Missouri
flag msg tools
The change is purely visual. You don't need season 1. Just get season 2 and enjoy it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dimhalo
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, just get season 2 and forget about season 1 for now. Once they have shifted all the current season 1 stock and given ample time for people to enjoy it, they can start the re-master of season 1 and launch it at a later date like a new season. Or they might do it in conjunction with a future season as an add on where you can buy the whole thing or get an update pack if you have the original.

But they aint making it anytime soon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gavin Kenny
United Kingdom
Nr Godalming
Surrey
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah that's what I'm doing. Going to try and enjoy Season 2 until they decide to remaster season 1.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Allardyce
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I’ve gone the other way - went out and bought Season One from the local game store. That way I can enjoy the game for many months until Season Two is distributed.

And while Season One and Season Two materials look quite different, they are fully compatible. There is no reason why you can’t have games involving heroes from either season. Yes, the new artwork looks cooler, but I’ll still enjoy a Barbarian / Vampire Lord matchup.

When they eventually get around to remastering Season One, I’ll donate my original game and replace it with the remastered version.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pietro Pomella
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hemlockaaa wrote:
I’ve gone the other way - went out and bought Season One from the local game store. That way I can enjoy the game for many months until Season Two is distributed.

And while Season One and Season Two materials look quite different, they are fully compatible. There is no reason why you can’t have games involving heroes from either season. Yes, the new artwork looks cooler, but I’ll still enjoy a Barbarian / Vampire Lord matchup.

When they eventually get around to remastering Season One, I’ll donate my original game and replace it with the remastered version.

Sounds like the the best way to go about it (if one is interested in having both ofc), now that you made me think about it I'll probably do the same.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.