6 Posts

Massive Darkness» Forums » General

Subject: More than just combat? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Daniel Connaughton
msg tools
mbmbmb
Is this mainly a combat game, or are there non-combat challenges as well? Traps, terrain interaction? Story related finds? How strong of an exploration / uncovering new and exciting things does this game have?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Harrow
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jakoseto wrote:
Is this mainly a combat game, or are there non-combat challenges as well? Traps, terrain interaction? Story related finds? How strong of an exploration / uncovering new and exciting things does this game have?

There are few, if any, non-combat challenges. It is primarily just a battlin' game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mortego
United States
New Kensington
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Low depth, lots of fighting & treasure, my kind of game!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Connaughton
msg tools
mbmbmb
replayability is good then?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Baughman

New Hampshire
msg tools
badge
Will Code For Food
mbmbmbmb
Besides combat its mostly inventory management.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric B
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jakoseto wrote:
replayability is good then?

That depends on a lot of factors. If you only buy the core game, you will probably make it through most of the quests before things start feeling redundant. If you get the core, expansions, and KS stuff, you can easily double or triple that amount of games.

Also, playing in short spurts vs several games back to back, and playing solo or with friends will have a big impact. I have played well over 30 games and at this point it's very redundant. The door and event cards don't have a ton of variety and a lot of the mobs feel similar. I suppose that could be said for a lot of games though once you play them enough.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.