15 Posts

Batman: Gotham City Chronicles» Forums » General

Subject: Dice in the core set rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gerard Arceo
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Do you think 20 dice (4 dice per color) is enough for atleast 2 players to play? What do you guys think? Should I save that 15$ and put it on another add on? Those who have played conan or the game itself, does the number of dice seemed inadequate?

Thank you for all who'd response
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
My name is
Belgium
Brussels
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Generally, when there are extra dice to take, it's about people wanting to have as many sets as there are players. It's not that much about the gameplay.
Here, I don't know.

But all in all, If you aren't a dice freak, the number of dice in the box is enough. The game would be incomplete otherwise.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eugene Shuvaev
Russia
St.Petersburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Some of the revealed hero screens show maximum attribute values of 5. And it bothers me a bit. Am I obliged to buy extra die pack to be able to roll 5 black dice for Armored Suit Batman melee attack for example?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BG.EXE
United States
flag msg tools
Favor Euros + Ameritrash, but I like pretty much all games.
badge
Don't forget to have fun!
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's the trick: Roll 4 dice, then roll one again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wouter Dhondt
Belgium
Anzegem
flag msg tools
My armor is contempt. My shield is disgust. My sword is hatred. In the Emperor's name, let none survive.
badge
Song of my soul, my voice is dead; Die thou, unsung, as tears unshed. Shall dry and die in Lost Carcosa.
mbmbmbmbmb
boardgamesdotEXE wrote:

I for one find that terribly annoying. So for people like me, that's what the dice pack is for.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ze Masqued Cucumber
France
flag msg tools
Protze et Chniaque !
badge
C'est le Gomazio à crête mordorée, dont le cri annonce le soir...
mbmbmbmbmb
The number of dice in Conan was adequate.
I believe I have a couple extra sets, but I rarely (never?) use all of them.

Extra set(s) are handy if you want every player to have his own set of dice, so you never pass dice across the table (you'll also need several dice trays/towers, while you're at it ).

Basically, as the KS says, extra dice are optionnal. They're just a comfort/luxury option.

Edit: Keep also in mind that we're only at the very begining of the campaign, a "free extra dice" SG is not impossible
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Aull
United States
Owensboro
KY
flag msg tools
Gaming Collector/Enthusiast
badge
Gamer Without a Cause
mbmbmbmbmb
Roolz wrote:
The number of dice in Conan was adequate.
I believe I have a couple extra sets, but I rarely (never?) use all of them.

Extra set(s) are handy if you want every player to have his own set of dice, so you never pass dice across the table (you'll also need several dice trays/towers, while you're at it ).

Basically, as the KS says, extra dice are optionnal. They're just a comfort/luxury option.

Edit: Keep also in mind that we're only at the very begining of the campaign, a "free extra dice" SG is not impossible

I bought extra dice on Conan so we wouldn't have to continuously pass them around the table. More than once, we've had people reach halfway across the table for dice and knock over miniatures on the board or, worse yet, a few drinks.

We try to split the dice between the two sides of the table so no one has to look far for a set.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
k c
msg tools
mbmbmb
boardgamesdotEXE wrote:

But that's not ideal in a game system that allows any player to purchase extra rerolls at any time. It can get messy trying to remember who rolled what when.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ze Masqued Cucumber
France
flag msg tools
Protze et Chniaque !
badge
C'est le Gomazio à crête mordorée, dont le cri annonce le soir...
mbmbmbmbmb
kdc629 wrote:
boardgamesdotEXE wrote:

But that's not ideal in a game system that allows any player to purchase extra rerolls at any time. It can get messy trying to remember who rolled what when.

You do it on the fly (you can purchase rerolls at specific moments only), so it's not particularly messy. Except if everyone around the table has a goldfish memory, but then about everything gets messy .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
My name is
Belgium
Brussels
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
All in all, it's a matter of preference.

If you don't want to have to reroll 10% of the time or you prefer not to share dice, by no means, just buy those.
If yo think it's not worth it, then don't.

There is no need to try and rationalize our preferences.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J P
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just for a frame of reference, in Conan the maximum number of dice of one type you might roll at one time is 7. They haven’t revealed all the player cards for Batman yet, but it’s probably around the same for this game, but I could be wrong seeing as how Batman has two extra dice types. In any event, yes, IMO, having extra dice is useful if you don’t want to have to reroll and remember.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Reynolds
United States
Vermontville
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I wouldn't be surprised if we get a stretch goal for a couple extra rice in each color. I'd wait until the end when we know the true contents of the pledge to decide if you want more.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Teskal Flink
Germany
flag msg tools
I really hope that Monolith thinks about making a more Batman themed dice set out of it.

For example Bats on the sides of the dice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carquinyoli

Tarragona
Catalunya
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Teskal wrote:
I really hope that Monolith thinks about making a more Batman themed dice set out of it.

For example Bats on the sides of the dice.

And HAhaHAha or Joker laughing for misses (although I understand that a blank side is clearly a miss)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
barry Doublet
France
epernay
Other
flag msg tools
Mad Crazy Fool !!!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You very, VERY rarely roll more than 4 die of the same colour. One exception in the prototype on all the videos is Red Hood. If he picks up the machine gun (2 red dice) and decides to spend 3 energy to fire it (3 red dice). Honestly, a waist of resources even though he can spay bullets everywhere, he won't be allowed to take them all down.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.