Subject: Vital's Solo Games Chart rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
rudy priecinsky
Slovakia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
As I'm (mostly) solitaire player cry (when playing medium-heavy games that is), and I understand that most of Vital's games are solid solo games, could you - fellow solitaire gamers - please give me your relative Vital's Solo Games preference/Chart ?

...I'm interested in
VINHOS
GALLERIST
CO2
LISBOA

ps: also, if you have info if those games are WIN/LOSE games and/or HIGH SCORE games, I would be glad to know (as I prefer win/lose or combo games)

ps2: if you also provide with these games Solitaire Score of 1 (inferior/complementary solo mode) to 5 (full blown 'equal to multiplayer' quality solo variant), I would be also glad whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aernout Casier
Netherlands
Nijmegen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I love (LOVE!) The Gallerist, but as a solo game, I will rarely reach for it (after a good dozen solo plays). Vinhos was not as accessible as Viticulture to me. Lisboa I would love to play, but as I too would probably play it mostly solo, I am recultant to buy it.
CO2 - second chance (KS NOW) comes with solo mode and cooperative mode, so I am in on that one!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reverend Uncle Bastard
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Unapologetic Continual Troublemaker!
mbmbmbmbmb
I have only played The Gallerist, but it has three levels of win/loss condition (it is not beat your score). I really enjoy it solo.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Bergenstråle
Sweden
Luleå
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Gallerist d10-4
CO2 (Have only played the first edition, so this is a guess)
Vinhos
d10-3
I really love The Gallerist so it's easily my number one in this list.
I have not played Lisboa, but from what I have seen I would guess it to be at third position. The Gallerist is very easy to play solo imho, whereas I found Vinhos (Deluxe 2016 ed) to be a bit fiddly to solo. Co2 I havent played proper solo but only the old version where I played a few me vs me games to learn it and enjoyed it but no one in my group wanted to play it.

Edit: Added diamonds as "solo-score" To me The gallerist feels very much the same in solo as multiplayer, but the opponent is not "stealing" stuff, other than int. market and tickets, you can also foresee his movement. Vinhos solo opponent is more random, but it just doesn't flow as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ParisianDreams
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have;

The Gallerist
Vinhos Deluxe
Lisboa
just backed CO2 2C

If I am reaching for any of them (excluding CO2 as I've not played it yet) to play solo, it would be Lisboa hands down. I love The Gallerist but I find Lisboa less fiddley and the theme really pulls you in to help you learn the game. The iconography can be a bit overwhelming that first game, but after that it's smooth sailing. I also find Lisboa a bit of a faster set up than The Gallerist. The theme for Lisboa also draws me in a bit more than the theme in The Gallerist, but both are super thematic.

Vinhos I've not played as I've found the rulebook to be a barrier for me. I'm not sure why, I picked up Lisboa and Gallerist easily but Vinhos it's just not clicking.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have all of those.

I really like Vinhos, but not solitaire. I dislike the 2016 Vintage and the solo AI only supports that. I tried to make it work in 2010 Vintage and it kind of does, but overall, too much work on manipulating the Lacerda-bot instead of playing.

I love Gallerist solo because the Lacerda-bot is in the background. As a player, I need to pay attention to it for my strategy, but its very simple to execute its behavior. I've probably played four to six games solo.

Lisboa I've played a few games solo and it has another great Lacerda-bot behavior. My only problem with Lisboa is I prefer the Vital's more closed off designs as my brain does not do well with grand strategies that I feel Lisboa requires, so I don't feel like playing it solitaire as often as something like Gallerist.

As far as just being good implementations if you're looking for a heavy euro-style game which can be played solo, I can recommend Gallerist and Lisboa.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ParisianDreams
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh and I should mention all the above mentioned games are on Tabletopia, including CO2. If you join Vital's Discord group there are people around always willing to play and Vital chats in the channel quite frequently, even setting up times/events to play his current titles as well as play test his upcoming titles.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.